Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Happy Earth Day with some Garden Favorites

Yum
Happy Earth Day!
Over the weekend I was out in the garden because it was 70 degrees!  Lovely gardening weather and especially warm temperatures for this time of year up in the Midwest.  Cleaned out the garden and loved the warm sunshine on my skin.  Almost forget how good that can feel.  But, the fun came to an end a couple of days later.  Cloudy, chilly weather with gusts of wind that could knock your flip flops off.  Even expecting a frost. So, back to jackets and closed toed shoes...I can't go back to coats and boots!  Not going to do it.  I had hoped it would only last a day or two, but looks like at least a week of this super chilly air.  Will need to return to dreaming about the garden!  Can't plant anything yet.
In honor of Earth Day and my garden dreams, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite straight from the garden recipes.  This way you have an idea of what to plant in your own garden for the ultimate in fresh recipes from your kitchen!


What better way to celebrate Earth Day!
If you have never planted a garden, I think this is your year! 
Planting a garden is a wonderful way to be environmentally conscious.  Produce from your garden is good for your health.  It's fresh, pesticide free and provides lots of exercise when you work that soil...much more fun than the treadmill I think!
Use some of these recipe ideas to figure out what you want to plant.  You can always supplement from the local farmer's market, but hopefully you will have your own goods!

Farmer's Market Veggie Market

Creamy Gazpacho

Pesto and Goat Cheese Crostini

Lemon Arugula Pizza

Lemon Balm and Cashew Pesto

Lemon Zucchini and Pepper Stir Fry

Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
   Hopefully this round up will get you inspired to plant your own garden to have garden to table meals!  Not only is it green, but healthy too!

Here's to garden dreams!!!  Hopefully I can plant soon!
By the way, I may not have brought out the coat and boots, but I did break the flannels and fuzzy socks back out....but, shhhh...don't tell...I have to pretend to be a Hearty Midwesterner!  Teee, heee, hee!

If you don't want to miss any recipes,
make sure you sign up to receive recipes directly to your inbox!
You can find me on social media too so we can stay connected!
Everything is just over there on the right!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

You may also like:

Banana Inspired Recipes

Tempura Zucchini with Tzatziki Sauce

Lemony Berry Zucchini Bread

Chocolate Zucchini Coconut Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment