Friday, January 16, 2015

Hazelnut Coffee Flavored Marshmallows

Yum
It all started with a shovel...a snow shovel.
After last year's tremendous amount of snowfall, our snow shovel bit the dust.
If only I had taken a picture.
The ends had curled up to the point that it no longer scooped anything.  It was the best shovel EVER!  It was just the right amount of weight, had an edge that got you all the way down to the base and it was a pretty blue.  OK, I realize that some of you in the south have no concept about the relationship that forms with a snow shovel.  It's with you ALL WINTER long and a kind of bond forms.  Really! I am joking, but I have to admit that I was a little sad to see it in the garbage.  The shovel is gone.  We had to move on and find a replacement.  This new shovel looked like it was gonna be good, but it has failed miserably!!!  So, the hubby and I have decided that we are no longer gonna shovel the snow.  We are going to just drive over it!  Right now, EVERYONE, I mean EVERYONE, around us has shoveled!  I have had neighbors ask if the hubby is out of town or if the hubby is sick.  They are all concerned.  They don't know about our new 2015 NOT SHOVELING WINTER PLAN.  But I have to tell you...warming temps are on the way and I am hoping that it will all melt.  Then we will look like everyone else and not stick out.
But shhhh...don't tell the hubby.
I want to be seen as the supportive wife.  :)  Ha!
Yet, I am still a little bit embarrassed...but warmer, snow melting weather is on the way!!!

So as I gun it up the slippery, snow covered driveway into the garage, I am going to take some time out for a warm cup of cocoa with THE MOST AWESOME HOMEMADE FLAVORED MARSHMALLOWS!
See, snow days and not shoveling gave me some free time to experiment with making marshmallows and you won't believe how easy it is!


I've always wanted to make my own but figured it was just way too hard.
So untrue.
I found the easiest recipe from Butter Baked Goods cookbook which is based on a tiny bakery called Butter in Vancouver.  They are known for their vanilla flavored marshmallows.


I made Hazelnut Coffee Flavored Marshmallows.
And I tell you, these are the most delicious homemade marshmallows!
Your hot cocoa will be elevated to new hot cocoa levels.



The Hazelnut Coffee Flavored Marshmallows are light and airy.  I'm thinking it will be very hard for you to have hot cocoa any other way than with fresh marshmallows.  Oooooh, just think about how you could reach all new heights with s'mores!!!  But, let's stick with the basic recipe.  Are you ready?  Relax. I know you can do it!  You know me, it's gotta be simple!


originally from Butter's Famous Marshmallows Recipe
Ingredients:
1 cup strongly brewed hazelnut flavored coffee
3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
Directions:
In a free stand mixer with the whisk attachment,  pour in 1/2 cup cooled, hazelnut flavored cofffe.  Sprinkle in the gelatin and let it sit to soak in.
In a medium saucepan over high heat, add sugar, corn syrup, salt and remaining hazelnut flavored coffee.  Bring to a boil and continue to boil for 1 minute.  Remove from heat.
Turn the mixer on low and mix the gelatin to combine it with the coffee.  Slowly add the hot sugar mixture.  Turn the mixer on high and whip for 10-12 minutes until the marshmallow batter becomes thick and the volume increases.  If it starts to increase too much, scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula and then start to whip again.  During the last 2 minutes, add in the vanilla extract.
Butter a 8 x 8 inch square pan.  Pour the marshmallow into the pan.  Butter a sheet of plastic wrap and cover the marshmallow, pressing the plastic wrap down onto the marshmallow to form a tight seal.  Leave sitting out overnight.
The next day, sprinkle powdered sugar over your work surface.  Remove the plastic wrap, use a knife to cut around the edge of the marshmallow pan to release the slab.  Place the slab of marshmallow onto the powdered sugar.  Cover remaining sides with powdered sugar and then cut into the size marshmallows you want.  Roll each piece in powdered sugar so all sides are covered.  Store in an airtight container and use in hot cocoa.


I am so excited about these marshmallows!
So let's do it together!  No more shoveling and make your own marshmallows!
Oh, and send warmer weather my way so that my snow covered driveway melts...I guess I need a better shovel?  Nahhhh...

Be sure to sign up for A Sprinkle of This and That email subscription to receive recipe ideas in your inbox each day!  Pssst...it's over on the right.  You don't want to miss a thing!  
Make sure to share on your social media...I love making new friends!  
Any friend of yours is a friend of mine!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to Doctor Razor for the Great miraculous work he did in my life with his herbal remedy. I have been living with this virus and I have shared with my partners my situation because they deserve to have a choice of whether they want to change being with me or not. I unfortunately did not have a choice in this matter leaving me vulnerable and now faced with this virus for the rest of my life or until a cure was discovered.I refused to take the Medical drugs my PCD had told me to take, I surrendered to my fate, because I was careless. On Aug 23, 2020, I came across Doctor Razor herbal medicine. I browsed about the authenticity of This Doctor, I got to see several Testimonies regarding his works from people he had helped with his medicine. I reached out to him and told him my problems, after we spoke he promised to help me out. I started using his herbal medicine which he sent to me Via the Courier Delivery, and asked me to take the herbal medicine for 18 days. which i did. I am delighted to let you all know that I Got cured of Herpes Virus, after the Medical Doctor had confirmed this with the test results, when I went for a medical check up after completing the Herbal Dosage Of 18 days. Doctor Razor's Website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome or Reach out to Doctor razor via email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com WhatsApp +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was too curious and wanted to try Robinson buckler then i contacted him through his email, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out. My experience with him was great, he healed me just as he promised. he sent me his medication and ask me to go for a medical check up after two weeks of usage. i agreed with him i took this medication and went for a check up, to my greatest surprise my result was negative, i am really happy that i am cured and healthy again. I have waited for 3weeks to be very sure i was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still Herpes negative. so i guess its time i recommend anyone going through the same way. reach him through his email address: Robinson.buckler @{{ yahoo }}. com.

    ReplyDelete