Sunday, May 18, 2014

Lemon Squares from Mom

Yum
I am still on my citrus kick!  
Must be my visit to Miami?!
So, I thought I'd share with you today, my mom's famous
Lemon Squares


These lemon squares are a family favorite because they are sweet and tangy with a crust that is unbelievably good!  Don't you just want to stick your fork into the picture?  Here's how to make 'em.  Now I know there are a lot of lemon square recipes out there, some are pretty similar to these, but this was a recipe that my mom had in her recipe box and used for years and years.  I know you'll be glad I shared it!

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 eggs
4 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cups sugar
4 Tbsp flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Melt butter in a 9 x 13 pan in the oven.  Mix flour and powdered sugar together.  Stir into the melted butter and press on the bottom of the pan, not the sides.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Beat eggs and lemon juice, not frothy.  Mix 2 cups of sugar, 4 Tbsp flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt.  Add to the egg/lemon juice mixture.  Pour entire mixture onto hot crust.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Remove from oven and sift powdered sugar on top.  Cut into bars while warm and then refrigerate.




Boy does that bring me back...
These are the best lemon squares and they won't last long in your house.
Lemon is so refreshing and totally says Summer...yep, I am skipping ahead!  :)

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I would love for you share it on my Tasty Tuesday recipe link up here! Everything gets pinned and I would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was too curious and wanted to try Robinson buckler then i contacted him through his email, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out. My experience with him was great, he cured me just as he promised. he sent me his medication and ask me to go for a medical check up after two weeks of usage. i agreed with him i took this medication and went for a check up, to my greatest surprise my result was negative, i am really happy that i am cured and healthy again. I have waited for 3 weeks to be very sure i was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still Herpes negative. so i guess its time i recommend anyone going through herpes. reach him through his email address: Robinson.buckler @{{ yahoo }}. com.

    ReplyDelete