Saturday, November 29, 2014

Tree Trimming and Warm Apple Cider Floats

Yum
Finally, FINALLY!
We can DECORATE for Christmas.
I don't really like when stores have out their Christmas decor before Halloween has even been celebrated, but once November rolls around...I start to get the holiday itch!  Even the weather has been telling me Christmas is near.  I do purchase a few holiday decorations here and there.  Yet, they stay in bags until after the great feast has been completed!  Well, let me tell you...when I host Thanksgiving, as soon as the last guest leaves, the Thanksgiving decorations are put away so that first thing in the morning I can start decorating for Christmas.  Boy that was a long sentence!  But that is me...non stop holiday action!  The curtain has barely come down on Thanksgiving and I am ready for Christmas!

So today we are decorating our Christmas tree!
Christmas music in the background with some cookies and this...



Warm Apple Cider Floats


Hang an ornament, take a sip, repeat...
You will want to wrap your hands around this delicious drink filled with fresh apples!

Ingredients:
6 cups apple cider
3 apples, chopped
2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
4 Tbsp caramel
vanilla ice cream
cinnamon sticks
Directions:
Heat apple cider, apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and caramel in a large pot.  Once hot, ladel into mugs. Top with a scoop of ice cream, a dusting of cinnamon and a cinnamon stick.

Time to get those chestnuts roasting on an open fire and the decorations out!
Tis the season!!!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine