Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pina Colada Monkey Bread

Yum
There are so many good monkey bread variations out there!  Who knew it could be so interchangeable?  I surprised my family, one Saturday morning, with a taste of the tropics.

PINA COLADA MONKEY BREAD


All the tastes of a pina colada, minus the rum. :)
Coconut and pineapple...just pull up a beach chair and pretend it isn't still winter!  Maybe put on a bathing suit to really get in the spirit!

Girl Versus Dough has created this awesome version.  Here's what you need...

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons coconut milk, divided
2 cans Pillsbury Grands refrigerated biscuits
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 20 oz canned crushed pineapple, well drained
1 cup powdered sugar

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a bundt pan with cooking spray.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and 1/4 cup coconut milk until smooth. Remove from heat.  
Separate both cans of dough into biscuits. Cut each biscuit into fourths.
Carefully dip each biscuit piece into butter/coconut milk mixture, then roll in sugar.  Place in prepared bundt pan. 
Cover entire bottom of pan with a layer of about 20 biscuit pieces, then sprinkle half of the crushed pineapple over the top. Top pineapple with another layer of dipped and rolled biscuits, then sprinkle the rest of the pineapple on top. Top pineapple with remaining dipped and rolled biscuits.  
Bake until deep golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, about 35 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack; cool 10 minutes in pan. Carefully invert monkey bread onto a plate.  

In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and remaining 3 tablespoons coconut milk until smooth, like a glaze.  Drizzle glaze over warm monkey bread and serve.


Can you hear the steel drum band beckoning you to a warmer climate?
I hear it beckoning...but no tickets coming my way for a flight south, soooo...time to create the tropical feel at home with a pina colada monkey bread.  The monkey bread is so good with pineapple!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Christine           

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to Doctor Razor for the Great miraculous work he did in my life with his herbal remedy. I have been living with this virus and I have shared with my partners my situation because they deserve to have a choice of whether they want to change being with me or not. I unfortunately did not have a choice in this matter leaving me vulnerable and now faced with this virus for the rest of my life or until a cure was discovered.I refused to take the Medical drugs my PCD had told me to take, I surrendered to my fate, because I was careless. On Aug 23, 2020, I came across Doctor Razor herbal medicine. I browsed about the authenticity of This Doctor, I got to see several Testimonies regarding his works from people he had helped with his medicine. I reached out to him and told him my problems, after we spoke he promised to help me out. I started using his herbal medicine which he sent to me Via the Courier Delivery, and asked me to take the herbal medicine for 18 days. which i did. I am delighted to let you all know that I Got cured of Herpes Virus, after the Medical Doctor had confirmed this with the test results, when I went for a medical check up after completing the Herbal Dosage Of 18 days. Doctor Razor's Website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome or Reach out to Doctor razor via email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com WhatsApp +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete