Saturday, March 15, 2014

Shamrock Brownies with Mint Buttercream Frosting

Yum
Looking for a quick St. Patrick's Day dessert that will delight just about anyone?

Well, look no further and it's got chocolate and mint!


The Mint Buttercream Frosting is soooo good!  And to sandwich it between brownies???  Really, do I need to say more?

This is a really quick recipe to whip out of your pantry and it all starts with a box brownie mix.  Yes, I cheated...don't judge...

Go ahead and pick your favorite 9 x 13 pan brownie mix.  Follow the directions on the box.  To prepare your pan, line it with foil and then grease the foil.  Then pour in your mixed brownie batter and cook according to package directions.

Now for the fun part!
After the brownies have cooked and cooled, lift out the brownies via the foil.

Split the pan of brownies in half.

You can continue to cut them all into squares to make brownie sandwiches or punch out shamrock shaped brownies with a cookie cutter over 1/2 of the brownies, which is what I did.

Meanwhile make the mint buttercream frosting.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
1-2 drops of green food coloring

Beat the butter until whipped.  Gradually add in the powdered sugar.  Once mixed, add the milk, peppermint extract and food coloring.


Time to assemble...place one square brownie on a plate, top with frosting and place a cookie cutter shamrock brownie on top...eat!  Probably didn't need to tell you to eat because I bet you are licking your fingers already!!!!

Pretty simple, right?  A fun way to jazz up brownies for St. Patrick's Day, really you can do something similar for any holiday.  And the buttercream frosting is extremely versatile.  Just change up the extract flavoring and food coloring and you create something new each time.  So keep that buttercream frosting recipe in your back pocket!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Christine

Party Palooza time over at I Heart Naptime and Six Sisters Stuff

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to Doctor Razor for the Great miraculous work he did in my life with his herbal remedy. I have been living with this virus and I have shared with my partners my situation because they deserve to have a choice of whether they want to change being with me or not. I unfortunately did not have a choice in this matter leaving me vulnerable and now faced with this virus for the rest of my life or until a cure was discovered.I refused to take the Medical drugs my PCD had told me to take, I surrendered to my fate, because I was careless. On Aug 23, 2020, I came across Doctor Razor herbal medicine. I browsed about the authenticity of This Doctor, I got to see several Testimonies regarding his works from people he had helped with his medicine. I reached out to him and told him my problems, after we spoke he promised to help me out. I started using his herbal medicine which he sent to me Via the Courier Delivery, and asked me to take the herbal medicine for 18 days. which i did. I am delighted to let you all know that I Got cured of Herpes Virus, after the Medical Doctor had confirmed this with the test results, when I went for a medical check up after completing the Herbal Dosage Of 18 days. Doctor Razor's Website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome or Reach out to Doctor razor via email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com WhatsApp +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete

  2. [Please authorize this post]


    Herbal remedy for Herpes simplex and was cured

    You can have permanent solution from any illness with herbal drugs Robinsonbuckler11@gmail. com ………………

    ReplyDelete