Thursday, March 26, 2015

Lemon Chick Cookies

Yum
This weather in the Midwest is killing me!
Yes, I am being over dramatic but I can't take it anymore!
So how about something fun and whimsical?


These cute little lemon chick cookies just put a smile on your face!

Leave them as plain lemon cookies or jazz them up for Easter, either way they are a wonderful soft lemon cookie.



Dusted with powdered sugar or....



turned into little chicks!

Ingredients to make 2 dozen:
1 pkg of lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1 tsp lemon extract
1/3 cup vegetable oil
powdered sugar
edible eyes (from the craft store)
white tube frosting
orange tube frosting
yellow tube frosting
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a large bowl, mix together lemon cake mix, eggs, lemon extract and vegetable oil until well blended.  Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 6-7 minutes at 375 degrees or until edges turn light brown.  Remove to a wire rack to cool.
To decorate:
Choice 1 - use a sifter to dust cookies with powdered sugar
Choice 2 - decorate with prepared frosting.  
                    use white frosting to stick down edible eyes
                    use orange frosting to create a beak and yellow frosting to create wings and chicken feet
Too cute!
Which way are you thinking of making these cookies?
Maybe a little bit of both kinds.  Some for the adults and some for the kids.  But, I am thinking even the adults will like the chick version!

If you don't want to miss any recipes,
make sure you sign up to receive recipes directly to your inbox!
You can find me on social media too so we can stay connected!
Everything is just over there on the right!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine


Featured On:


Easy Carrot Cake Donuts

Lemon Cream Danish

Lemon Squares

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to Doctor Razor for the Great miraculous work he did in my life with his herbal remedy. I have been living with this virus and I have shared with my partners my situation because they deserve to have a choice of whether they want to change being with me or not. I unfortunately did not have a choice in this matter leaving me vulnerable and now faced with this virus for the rest of my life or until a cure was discovered.I refused to take the Medical drugs my PCD had told me to take, I surrendered to my fate, because I was careless. On Aug 23, 2020, I came across Doctor Razor herbal medicine. I browsed about the authenticity of This Doctor, I got to see several Testimonies regarding his works from people he had helped with his medicine. I reached out to him and told him my problems, after we spoke he promised to help me out. I started using his herbal medicine which he sent to me Via the Courier Delivery, and asked me to take the herbal medicine for 18 days. which i did. I am delighted to let you all know that I Got cured of Herpes Virus, after the Medical Doctor had confirmed this with the test results, when I went for a medical check up after completing the Herbal Dosage Of 18 days. Doctor Razor's Website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome or Reach out to Doctor razor via email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com WhatsApp +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete