Tuesday, March 11, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Lime Jello Cookies with Key Lime Buttercream Icing

Yum
This St. Patrick's recipe is perfect!
Starts with an easy to make Lime Jello cookie recipe, but the best part is the icing because it is key lime flavored!!!


Jello cookies are so easy to make and so interchangeable with flavors and colors.  So here's how to make Lime Jello cookies...perfect for St. Patrick's Day!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup of butter
1/2 cup sugar
3oz package of lime flavored Jello gelatin
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream the butter and the sugar.  Next add the lime Jello gelatin, eggs and vanilla.  Blend in the flour, baking powder and salt. 

Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on a greased baking sheet.  Flatten down with the bottom of a glass.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 12-15 minutes.  Remove to wire rack to cool.

Now for the key lime flavored buttercream icing...

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
3 Tbsp key lime juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 16oz package powdered sugar
1-2 Tbsp milk
green food coloring

Cream the butter, key lime juice and vanilla together.  Mix in the powdered sugar.  Then add the milk.  Add 1 Tbsp at a time until the icing is the consistency you like.  Again, add 1-2 dropfuls of green food coloring until you reach the desired color.



As I was frosting, I added some cute green and yellow sprinkles as well as some edible white gems.  The cookie is flavorful with a yummy key lime flavored icing.  A flavor that is lighter...you know like the way you should be dressing by now...in lighter clothes???!!!  Wishful thinking on my part.  One 50 degree day is just not enough...we are back to coats.  So these cookies will lift your spirits with a spring flavor! 

Anyhow, these cookies are delicious and the perfect St. Patrick's Day color!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

2 comments:

  1. I was too curious and wanted to try Robinson buckler then i contacted him through his email, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out. My experience with him was great, he cured me just as he promised. he sent me his medication and ask me to go for a medical check up after two weeks of usage. i agreed with him i took this medication and went for a check up, to my greatest surprise my result was negative, i am really happy that i am cured and healthy again. I have waited for 3 weeks to be very sure i was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still Herpes negative. so i guess its time i recommend anyone going through herpes. reach him through his email address: Robinson.buckler @{{ yahoo }}. com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now leaving a healthy life after using the herbal medicine to cure myself from herpes, i am now herpes free after the application and usage. You can get your herbal remedy from via Email Robinsonbuckler11@gmail com. Thanks and God Bless you for your help, referring people with herpes to this Doctor__________________________

    Good for the following

    Shingles,

    Cold sore,

    HPV,

    HSV1&2,

    Fibroid

    Erectile Dysfunction..

    ReplyDelete