Sunday, October 4, 2015

Italian Wedding Pasta

Yum
October may be full of pumpkin and tailgating recipes, but it is also the start of soup season.  Whether made in your slow cooker or on the stove top, the aroma from a home-made soup permeates the whole house and just says comfort food.  Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Soup
Easy Clam Chowder and Italian Wedding Soup are warm cups of comfort.  BTW, you might want ot pin those soup recipes for later.  All the recipes can be found by clicking the links.  And, when I ran across a pasta twist on Italian Wedding Soup, I just had to try it.  Italian Wedding Pasta from
 Good Housekeeping June 2007 was a recipe I needed to make.  An easy meal for crazy weeknight dinners with all the flavors of one of my favorite soups.

Bow tie pasta with a creamy cheese sauce, perfectly seasoned turkey meatballs and fresh spinach.  All in one!  This dinner is going to be a part of my weekly rotation for sure.  It is even fancy enough to serve to company or for a Sunday night family sit down.





Ingredients:
1 pound ground turkey
1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 egg, beaten
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (divided 1/2 cup, 1/4 cup, 1/4 cup)
1 package bow tie pasta (12 ounces)
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 1/2 cup 2% milk or cream
1 cup chicken broth
1 5 ounce bag fresh spinach
fresh ground pepper, to taste
 Directions:
In a large bowl, make the meatballs.  Place 1 pound of ground turkey, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, minced garlic, beaten egg and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.  Mix with hands until all is incorporated.  Shape into meatballs.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.  Meanwhile, boil water to cook the pasta.  Cook the bow tie pasta 2 minutes less than package cooking time.  Drain.  
In a large pot, whisk together cornstarch and milk.  Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to medium high, add pasta and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.  Stir in spinach, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and fresh ground pepper. Add meatballs and stir.  Transfer entire mixture to a 9 x 13 baking dish.  Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (the remaining cheese) and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.


The aroma will fill your house and provide an amazing dinner that will give you lots and lots of comfort.

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine


Featured On:

You may also like:
Creamy Chicken Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato

Shrimp Pasta Bake

Bacon Ranch Mac-n-Cheese

1 comment:

  1. I was too curious and wanted to try Robinson buckler then i contacted him through his email, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out. My experience with him was great, he healed me just as he promised. he sent me his medication and ask me to go for a medical check up after two weeks of usage. i agreed with him i took this medication and went for a check up, to my greatest surprise my result was negative, i am really happy that i am cured and healthy again. I have waited for 3weeks to be very sure i was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still Herpes negative. so i guess its time i recommend anyone going through the same way. reach him through his email address: Robinson.buckler @{{ yahoo }}. com.

    ReplyDelete