Sunday, April 26, 2015

Rustic Chocolate Pecan Pie

Yum
Have you made your picks for the Kentucky Derby?
I have been investigating all the thoroughbreds to make an intelligent choice.
And, I got nothing...I am going to just make my picks based on how cool the name sounds.  I am kind of leaning toward Itsaknockout because Ithasafunname!  Ha!
Far Right sounds interesting.  Maybe that horse likes to run on the outside lane?  Hey, that sounded very race smart!  Who knows?  Just fun to watch and have some treats for the event.
Yesterday, I shared an easy recipe for Hot Brown Biscuit Sliders.  Today is a dessert for your Kentucky Derby Party.  You know how I love desserts!  Here you go...


Perfect for the Kentucky Derby!
Rustic Chocolate Pecan Pie is a dessert straight out of the South.
Served in individual ramekins, so you get your own little rustic pie all for yourself!


Each ramekin is lined with a pie crust that is then filled with a delicious chocolate pecan filling.


Served warm with a little dollop of whip cream and some chocolate syrup.


Holy Cow!  It was hard to put down that spoon to take the picture.  Soooo scrumdiddlyumptious!  Hey, that would make a great name for a race horse, no?  Maybe I should just stick with baking....

adapted from Trisha Yearwood @ Food Network
Ingredients:
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup chopped pecans, divided
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp flour
1 sleeve prepared pie crust
chocolate syrup, whip cream and mint leaves for decorating
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  In a large mixing bowl, cream brown sugar, sugar and egg.  Stir in 1/2 cup pecans, melted butter, chocolate chips and flour.  Divide pie crust dough into 4.  (shape doesn't matter...that's what makes it rustic)
Place a piece of pie crust into each ungreased ramekin.  Spoon the sugar/pecan mixture into each pie crust lined ramekin.
Top with the remaining pecans.  Bake at 325 degrees for 28-30 minutes.  Remove and cool slightly.  Drizzle with chocolate syrup.  Add a dollop of whip cream and a sprig of mint.  Serve.

Did I tell you how yummy these Rustic Chocolate Pecan Pies are?  Oh, I think I did, but just in case...YUMMY!

If you don't want to miss any recipes,
make sure you sign up to receive recipes directly to your inbox!
You can find me on social media too so we can stay connected!
Everything is just over there on the right!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

Featured On:


You may also like:

Bitty Baklava Bites

Oatmeal Cookie Pie

Symphony Brownie Pie

1 comment:

  1. I was too curious and wanted to try Robinson buckler then i contacted him through his email, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out. My experience with him was great, he healed me just as he promised. he sent me his medication and ask me to go for a medical check up after two weeks of usage. i agreed with him i took this medication and went for a check up, to my greatest surprise my result was negative, i am really happy that i am cured and healthy again. I have waited for 3weeks to be very sure i was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still Herpes negative. so i guess its time i recommend anyone going through the same way. reach him through his email address: Robinson.buckler @{{ yahoo }}. com.

    ReplyDelete