Sunday, March 1, 2015

Lemon Scones

Yum
Happy March First!
Today is the start of meteorological Spring!
The Spring flowers are blooming, the grass is green and the birds are chirping....somewhere, but not here.  No Spring flowers.  No green grass.  In fact, I can't even see the grass under the piles of snow. And even the birds have left to go somewhere warm and sunny.  So, I will continue to put on my layers and layers of clothing and hope for warmer times with a pot of tea and these super, duper delicious Lemon Scones!


Lemon Scones are delicious with a warm cup of tea!
They have a sugary coated exterior and a moist inside that is perfect with some butter and jam.
And, scones are surprisingly easy to make.  Check it out...

Adapted from Biscuits and Scones by Elizabeth Alston
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut up
1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 Tbsp lemon zest
2 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp sugar
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt into a large mixing bowl.  Add pieces of butter and use mixer to blend until mixture looks like fine granules.  You can use a pastry blender and do by hand, but I was able to use a self standing mixer on the low setting using the bread attachment.  Add the sugar and continue to mix on low.  Add the milk and mix just until a soft ball of dough begins to form.  Remove from bowl and knead 10-12 times until dough is smooth.  Form dough into a 6-8 inch circle.  Cut pie shaped pieces (about 6-8).  Place wedges on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Mix 2 tsp lemon juice and 2 Tbsp sugar.  Top each scone with about 1/4 tsp of the lemon mixture.  Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until lightly browned on top.  Remove from oven, cool slightly and serve.





Breakfast, tea time or mid-morning snack will be extra special with these Lemon Scones!

Be sure to sign up for A Sprinkle of This and That email subscription to receive recipe ideas in your inbox each day!  Pssst...it's over on the right.  You don't want to miss a thing!  
Make sure to share on your social media...I love making new friends!  
Any friend of yours is a friend of mine!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,

3 comments:

  1. Thanks to Doctor Razor for the Great miraculous work he did in my life with his herbal remedy. I have been living with this virus and I have shared with my partners my situation because they deserve to have a choice of whether they want to change being with me or not. I unfortunately did not have a choice in this matter leaving me vulnerable and now faced with this virus for the rest of my life or until a cure was discovered.I refused to take the Medical drugs my PCD had told me to take, I surrendered to my fate, because I was careless. On Aug 23, 2020, I came across Doctor Razor herbal medicine. I browsed about the authenticity of This Doctor, I got to see several Testimonies regarding his works from people he had helped with his medicine. I reached out to him and told him my problems, after we spoke he promised to help me out. I started using his herbal medicine which he sent to me Via the Courier Delivery, and asked me to take the herbal medicine for 18 days. which i did. I am delighted to let you all know that I Got cured of Herpes Virus, after the Medical Doctor had confirmed this with the test results, when I went for a medical check up after completing the Herbal Dosage Of 18 days. Doctor Razor's Website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome or Reach out to Doctor razor via email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com WhatsApp +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WAS DIAGNOSED OF HERPES.,I SPENT A LOT OF MONEY ON MY MEDICATION TILL A POINT I EVEN LOST HOPE, I WAS SO DESPERATE TO GET BACK TO NORMAL, I NEVER BELIEVE IN HERB BUT, I KEPT MY HOPE ALIVE, I CONTACTED ROBINSON BUCKLER VIA HIS EMAIL, HE REPLIED, THEN I PURCHASED THE HERBAL MEDICINE,HE SENT ME THE HERBAL MEDICINE THROUGH COURIER SERVICE, WHEN I RECEIVED THIS HERBAL MEDICINE I USED IT FOR 2 WEEKS AND NOW I AM TOTALLY CURED LIVING FREE AND HAPPY AGAIN, CONTACT HIM VIA EMAIL______________________Robinsonbuckler@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was too curious and wanted to try Robinson buckler then i contacted him through his email, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out. My experience with him was great, he cured me just as he promised. he sent me his medication and ask me to go for a medical check up after two weeks of usage. i agreed with him i took this medication and went for a check up, to my greatest surprise my result was negative, i am really happy that i am cured and healthy again. I have waited for 3 weeks to be very sure i was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still Herpes negative. so i guess its time i recommend anyone going through herpes. reach him through his email address: Robinson.buckler @{{ yahoo }}. com.

    ReplyDelete