Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Creme de Menthe Chocolate Cookies

Yum
As you know, I walked my boots to the basement in a declaration that Winter is over!
Today, I am shedding my coat!  I see 50 degree days for the next ten days and it feels FABULOUS!
Some of you may think 50 is still kind of chilly.  But, up in these parts 50 is AMAZING!
I know...I shouldn't go too overboard with the celebrating.  There will probably be a few cold bumps along the way, but I feel like we have finally turned the corner.  I just want to run outside and kick my non-booted heels up!  Yes, this former Florida girl is feeling happy!!!  I hope the weather you are having makes you feel happy too.  If not, I got a cookie recipe that will surely please tickle your fancy...



It all starts with a Betty Crocker recipe that uses a cake mix.




Add a Creme de Menthe candy on top and you got yourself some minty chocolate goodness.


originally from Betty Crocker
Ingredients:
1 devil's food cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup sugar
1 package creme de menthe candies, wrappers removed
powdered sugar
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix together cake mix, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, beaten eggs and sugar.  Mix until well combined.  Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 12 minutes.  Meanwhile, unwrap the creme de menthe candies.  After 12 minutes of baking time, remove cookies from the oven.  Place one unwrapped candy in the center of each cookie.  Remove cookies from baking pan onto a wire rack to cool.  Once cool, dust with powdered sugar.

This recipe is a good one from Betty Crocker and is just perfect jazzed up for St. Patrick's Day!

Be sure to sign up for A Sprinkle of This and That email subscription to receive recipe ideas in your inbox each day!  Pssst...it's over on the right.  You don't want to miss a thing!  
Make sure to share on your social media...I love making new friends!  
Any friend of yours is a friend of mine!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,