Friday, August 29, 2014

Lemony Berry Zucchini Bread

Yum
So my daughter asked for help on some problems in Honors Physics.
Part of me was extremely excited that I was asked for such kind of help.  I thought, wow!??  She thinks I am a genius!  The other part of me was petrified!  Because really, who is good at physics.  Well, I guess physicists are but they aren't the average parent, right?  
So, I said "sure" with as much optimism and 'go getter' enthusiasm as I could muster.
Mind you, I haven't confronted a problem like that in...like never....never took physics in high school, which was eons ago.  And, here's a funny thing.  I don't seem to need to solve those types of problems on a daily basis because...here's the shocker.  I am not a physicst.  However, I spent some time looking at it, tried it and even googled it.  Nothing!  Must be an impossible equation to solve, right?  I gave it my best, but couldn't come through.  I will probably never ever be asked to help in physics again...probably a good thing.  Phew!
Back to my comfort zone...
No physics needed to make this absolutely delicious LEMONY BERRY ZUCCHINI BREAD.
Thank goodness!



Lemony Berry Zucchini Bread is so moist and delicious.  The raspberries and blueberries give the bread an extra special flavor.  Might need some chemistry to make this bread, but certainly not physics.  Check out how easy it is to make 2 loaves.

Adapted from I Am A Honeybee
Ingredients:
2 cups white flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cup grated zucchini
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup blueberries

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour 2 bread loaf pans.
Beat together eggs.  Add oil and sugar.  Blend until well incorporated.  Add milk and lemon juice, mixing well.
Stir in the zucchini.  Add the flours, baking powder and salt.
Fold in the raspberries and blueberries.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.  Remove from oven and let cool for 5-7 minutes before removing from pans to a cooling wire rack.



The zucchini keeps the bread so moist and the berries, as well as the lemon, give the bread such a sweet flavor.  Love it!  Great for breakfast, late morning snack, late afternoon snack or evening snack.  Anytime I suppose.  As for the physics problem?
60 = 1/2(9.8)t^2 + 20t
Hmmm...I am thinking she better take in some slices to the physics teacher.  
Some bribery never hurts, right?

Celebrate the little things...like not having to take physics these days...that make life sweet,

No comments:

Post a Comment