Monday, December 15, 2014

Peppermint Shortbread Cookies - The Great Cookie Swap

Yum
This is the first year I participated in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap.
It's a cookie exchange among bloggers.  You are given 3 bloggers names, you send them each a dozen cookies of a recipe you created and then you will receive a dozen cookies from 3 different bloggers. 
How fun is that!?!
The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap partners with Cookies for Kids Cancer, a national non-profit organization committed to funding new therapies used in the fight against pediatric cancer.  What a great cause!  In addition to being part of a great cause, I was introduced to fabulous bloggers!
I received cookies from Sarah @ How I Pinch a PennyAlyssa @ Curious Kitchn and Amanda.  Such delicious yummy cookies!  One was pepperminty, the other like a pecan pie and one kind was an Italian Rainbow Cookie, that was gorgeous by the way!  I have never been so excited to see my postal carrier with a box because I knew there were edible goodies inside!

I know you are dying to know what I made and sent!  Before I get to that, let me tell you a little about my swap matches.  I was matched with the lovely ladies from Pam @ Living Rancho Delux
Natalie @ Life Made Simple and Justine @ Cooking and Beer.  All talented bloggers!  Check out their sites!  Justine @ Cooking and Beer has really peaked my interest!
So what kinds of cookies did they receive?

Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
a total must on your cookie baking list this Christmas season!


Easy to make...perfect flavor for the season...awesome cookie to ship!
And why else, they are just so dang good!



Ingredients to make 2 dozen:
2 sticks unsalted butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1 Tbsp peppermint mocha creamer
1 pkg white candy melts
peppermint crunch sprinkles (or crushed candy canes)
Directions:
Blend together butter and powdered sugar.  Add the flour, peppermint extract and mocha creamer.  Once all the ingredients are incorporated, roll dough into a log.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Slice cookie log into 1/2" slices.  Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.  Remove and let cool on a wire cookie rack.
Once the cookies have cooled, melt white candy melts in the microwave (follow package directions).  Dip each cookie halfway into the melted white candy.  Sprinkle with peppermint crunch sprinkles immediately.  Allow white candy to harden.





All you need now is a mug of Hot Cocoa with Peppermint Whipped Cream!
Those two will totally put a jangle in your jingle!

For other holiday cookie ideas, make sure to check just to the right where it says Crazy For Cookies.
I'm sure you can find some inspiration there!

Be sure to sign up for A Sprinkle of This and That email subscription to receive recipe ideas in your inbox each day!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!
Christine