Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Chocolate Malted Cookies

Yum
If you haven't gone back to school yet, I am thinking you are about to.  I started back today and my high school girl will begin on Thursday.  Now, I am all for healthy choices after school.  But, a good cookie in a lunchbox or as an after school snack is such a treat!  Don't you remember the days when you would come home from a long day of school and your mom was there with a big hug and a cookie?  How about creating that same feeling with your own kiddos?  Sneak a Chocolate Malted Cookie in your child's lunchbox or have it ready when he or she comes home from school.  Of course hugs are included!






Can't go wrong with a chocolate chip cookie, right?  Add some malted milk powder and you really, really can't go wrong.  You'll get big bear hugs for these cookies!  Trust me!  Even the hubby gave me a hug.  :)



2 1/2 dozen cookies made in 6 easy steps!
I'd say that's worth it!


You know you want a bite...so, don't give them all to your kiddos.  You deserve some too.


originally from Taste of Home Oct/Nov 1995
Ingredients:
1 cup butter flavored shortening
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup malted milk powder
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a large bowl, mix together shortening, brown sugar, malted milk powder, vanilla extract and chocolate syrup.  Add the egg and mix until well combined.  Once combined, add the flour, baking soda and salt.  
For your final mixing step, stir in the chocolate chips.  Shape dough into 2" balls and place on an ungreased  cookie sheet.  Bake for 12-14 minutes at 375 degrees.  Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for 2-4 minutes before removing cookies to a wire rack to cool.


The malted milk adds such a delicious dimension to these cookies.
You know what?  Chocolate Malted Cookies will totally measure up...had to put a school pun in there...

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine


Linking up with my favorite bloggers!



Need more cookie inspiration?  Follow my Milk and Cookies Pinterest Board.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks to Doctor Razor for the Great miraculous work he did in my life with his herbal remedy. I have been living with this virus and I have shared with my partners my situation because they deserve to have a choice of whether they want to change being with me or not. I unfortunately did not have a choice in this matter leaving me vulnerable and now faced with this virus for the rest of my life or until a cure was discovered.I refused to take the Medical drugs my PCD had told me to take, I surrendered to my fate, because I was careless. On Aug 23, 2020, I came across Doctor Razor herbal medicine. I browsed about the authenticity of This Doctor, I got to see several Testimonies regarding his works from people he had helped with his medicine. I reached out to him and told him my problems, after we spoke he promised to help me out. I started using his herbal medicine which he sent to me Via the Courier Delivery, and asked me to take the herbal medicine for 18 days. which i did. I am delighted to let you all know that I Got cured of Herpes Virus, after the Medical Doctor had confirmed this with the test results, when I went for a medical check up after completing the Herbal Dosage Of 18 days. Doctor Razor's Website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome or Reach out to Doctor razor via email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com WhatsApp +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was too curious and wanted to try Robinson buckler then i contacted him through his email, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out. My experience with him was great, he healed me just as he promised. he sent me his medication and ask me to go for a medical check up after two weeks of usage. i agreed with him i took this medication and went for a check up, to my greatest surprise my result was negative, i am really happy that i am cured and healthy again. I have waited for 3weeks to be very sure i was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still Herpes negative. so i guess its time i recommend anyone going through the same way. reach him through his email address: Robinson.buckler @{{ yahoo }}. com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now leaving a healthy life after using the herbal medicine to cure myself from herpes, i am now herpes free after the application and usage. You can get your herbal remedy from via Email Robinsonbuckler11@gmail com. Thanks and God Bless you for your help, referring people with herpes to this Doctor__________________________

    Good for the following

    Shingles,

    Cold sore,

    HPV,

    HSV1&2,

    Fibroid

    Erectile Dysfunction..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indulging in Chocolate Malted Cookies is a delight for the senses! And just as these cookies combine the perfect ingredients for a sweet treat, finding the best assignment editing help is like combining the essential elements for academic success. Just as we savor the rich flavors of these cookies, you can savor the satisfaction of submitting flawlessly edited assignments that showcase your knowledge & ideas.

    ReplyDelete