Sunday, November 3, 2013

Cornbread Chili Stacks

Yum
OK sports fans, the football season is well under way and every game counts!

Our team is riddled with injury...oh, what to do?  Don't panic!!!

Have some football snacks and hope for the best!

Cornbread Chili Stacks
It was a crazy, busy week and I would have love to have made my own chili...but I totally cheated!  Hey, don't judge me!  You know you have been there too.  Anyway, the recipe calls for chili so you can make your own or cheat like I did...somehow I don't think your football fans will mind?

Ingredients:
cornbread
chili
shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream
chopped green onions (I didn't do that for my picture, but it would've been prettier with that addition)

Make your favorite chili (homemade or canned if you are in a pinch...no judging from me) and cornbread.  The cornbread recipe is below.  Cut your cornbread into cubes and place on a dish.  Put some of the heated chili on top and sprinkle on some shredded cheddar cheese.  The hot chili will melt the cheese.  Add a dollop of sour cream and some green onions.  Done!

To make your own cornbread you will need to:

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.  Grease a cake pan.  Mix together until just moistened, 1 1/4 cup flour, 3/4 cup cornmeal, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 cup milk, 1/4 cup vegetable oil and 1 beaten egg.  Pour into the greased cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Basically you are stacking up the cornbread and chili with fun toppings...cornbread chili stacks!

Hope your team does better than mine!  Well not really, but I try to use good sportsmanlike conduct!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment