Monday, November 4, 2013

Greek Inspired Chicken

Yum
"You're a vegetarian. That's ok, I'll make lamb."

"There are two kinds of people - Greeks, and everyone else who wish they was Greek."

"Put some windex on it."

"You're family now - all my life I've had this bump on the back of my neck..it began to hurt when I hit menopause. I got to the doctor and I had a bip-bop- bibbopsy. There, in that lump, was teeth and a spinal cord...yes it was my dead twin..Now! We celebrate."

Do you recognize where those quotes are from?
They come from one of my favorite movies...My Big Fat Greek Wedding!
Even as I type those quotes, it brings a little chuckle!  I just love that movie!

Speaking of Greek, of which I am not, I have a Greek inspired chicken recipe that is sure to make you say, "Oom-pah!"

Greek Chicken
The recipe originates from www.budgetbytes.com and is a good one.  Not only is it delicious, but it is budget friendly too.

You will need:
1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp oregano
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
some fresh, ground pepper
1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
4 lbs chicken pieces (I used chicken thighs with the skin)

First you will need to marinate the chicken.  Mix together the yogurt, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley.  Place the chicken pieces into the marinade for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
After 30 minutes, remove the chicken from the marinade and place into a baking dish.  Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 45-55 minutes, until the tops get golden brown.

Serve with a salad that you have added feta cheese and a Greek dressing to.  The chicken is moist and the spices truly make it taste deliciously Greek!

You will want to watch the movie after this dinner!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Christine

You may also like:








No comments:

Post a Comment