Friday, October 11, 2013

A Fall Flatbread: Spinach and Gorgonzola Flatbread

Yum
To me, this flatbread recipe seems to speak fall.

I don't know why...

Maybe the colors or maybe just because I served it in October.

Who knows?

But, that is what I am calling it.  A fall flatbread.

I may call it a flatbread, but it works as PIZZA.

Variety is the spice of life, so who says there are only certain ways to have pizza?

Not me!
Now grant you, I don't always like change.  I don't like when we change cable companies...a whole new set of channels to learn.  Upgrading to a new operating system...again, prefer the old way.  But this fall flatbread is so worth the change from standard pizza!

This recipe was inspired from a recipe I saw on www.everafterhappily.com

I changed up some of the ingredients, so you could use my recipe or go to the above link for a slight variation.

Spinach and Gorgonzola Flatbread
Here's what you need...
1 frozen pizza dough loaf, defrosted
spinach
shredded mozzarella
gorgonzola crumbles
pecans, chopped
minced garlic
salt
olive oil
balsamic vinegar

Note, I did not put quantities for each ingredient.  There is a lot of sprinkling here, so each ingredient can be added based on how much you want.  Make it your own!  
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.  Stretch you pizza dough to fit your cookie sheet or pizza stone.  Now, here we go with the sprinkling...onto the dough, sprinkle on some minced garlic and a bit of salt.  Sprinkle on the spinach, pecans and gorgonzola. Top with shredded mozzarella and drizzle on a bit of olive oil.  Bake in the oven for about 15-18 minutes.  Once the cheese has melted and is slightly brown, remove from the oven and drizzle on some balsamic vinegar.

Spinach and Gorgonzola Flatbread
Doesn't that look yummy?  I actually ate more than the two slices of flatbread you see!  I'm not telling how much more!  A girl has to have some secrets!

Hope you are enjoying all that fall has to offer.

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment