Friday, September 20, 2013

French Bread Veggie Pizza

Yum
Once again it is time to celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Time for pizza 'cuz it's Friday!

I am feeling like French Bread pizza with veggies from the garden.

After all of my complaining, my tomato plants seemed to kick it into gear and now I have lots of tomatoes!

French Bread Veggie Pizza
To make the French Bread Veggie Pizza, you will need to buy 1-2 loaves of French bread, depending on your family size.  For a family of 4, usually 1 loaf is just right.  Then slice each loaf in half.  Take each half and slice it the long way so that now you will have 4 french bread loaves per original loaf of bread.

Next spoon some pizza sauce (your own or a jar) onto each French bread pizza slice.  By the way, making your own pizza sauce IS really easy.  The best part is that the preservatives are at a bare minimum.  To make your own sauce you will need some tomato sauce (about 20 oz), some whole milk, shredded Parmesan cheese, salt, basil and oregano.  You are probably wondering why I haven't used any measurements for the ingredients.  Simply put, I kind of eyeball it.  I really like my sauce lighter, like a vodka sauce so that is why I add milk and Parmesan cheese.  The spices I dump in are based on taste.  You really can't go wrong.  Experiment and see what you like best.  Mix all the ingredients together and heat on the stove until boiling.   Now it is ready to use as your pizza sauce.  Just put it on top of the French bread slice.  I tend to use more since the bread is thick.

Your French bread pizza is now ready since you put on the sauce.  Add shredded mozzarella cheese to the desired cheesiness you want.  Put on your toppings.  Since I am making a veggie version, I added some shredded zucchini, green pepper and thinly sliced tomatoes.  Use whatever toppings tickle your fancy.

Pop the pizzas in a 375 degree oven and bake until the cheese melts, about 10-12 minutes.

There you have it!
Pizza in a matter of minutes!  You couldn't get delivery that fast!

More time to celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Christine



No comments:

Post a Comment