Saturday, August 15, 2015

BBQ Biscuit Burgers

Yum
We had a hot day yesterday and there is more heat coming this weekend.  
I have to tell you a secret...
I actually wished for winter so that I wouldn't be sweating.
I know...I spend all winter complaining about the cold.  Just smack me now.  I deserve it.
I think the heat made me light headed so that I wasn't thinking straight.  Maybe?
I'll just suck it up, put on more deodorant and enjoy the hot weather because I will crave it come January.

Speaking of craving...
You will be craving these BBQ Biscuit Burgers!


Grilled seasoned burgers, lettuce and red onions served up on a biscuit smothered in the best homemade BBQ sauce EVER!


Making your own BBQ Sauce is super easy and the flavor is aaaaawe-some!



Ingredients:
1 biscuit roll package
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
sea salt
fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp liquid smoke
1 Tbsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
red onion rings
lettuce
Directions:
Bake biscuits according to package directions.  Set aside.  Prepare hamburger patties and season with salt and pepper. 
To make the BBQ sauce, in a pot over medium high heat, mix together ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, liquid smoke, mustard, garlic powder and vegetable oil.  Cook until bubbly.  Reduce heat and simmer until burgers are ready.  Grill burgers over medium high heat until desired done-ness.  Assemble burgers.


I smothered each burger in that smoky home-made BBQ sauce...so good!
Serving the burger on a biscuit just changes that burger up.
You know what?  I am thinking that you will want to save the BBQ sauce recipe for grilled chicken and pork.  It's a good one!

Well, that's the latest addition to the burger quest.  Make sure you are sharing your favorite on social media.  Here are all the choices of 2015 thus far...

Italian Burger Bites

Johnny Appleseed Burgers

Nacho Burgers

Pub Burgers

Queso Smothered Burgers

Pineapple Teriyaki Burgers

You better get grilling so you can test them all out!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment