Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pot O' Gold

Yum

St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner!
So to celebrate, gather your Irish pot and let's put some gold in there!

This is a yummy sweet treat made with corn puffs.  I use the Okedoke brand and it goes quicker than you can say, "Top of the Morning."
Here's how to make it...

Ingredients:
8 oz bag of corn puffs (Okedoke brand)
1 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup Light Karo Syrup
1 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  Pour corn puffs into a large roasting pan and set aside.

Melt butter in a 2 quart pot.  Stir in brown sugar and Karo syrup.  Bring to a rapid boil.  Boil for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.  

Add baking soda.  The mixture will become foamy and start to expand up the pot.  Mix well.

Pour mixture over corn puffs, stirring evenly to coat.

Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes while baking.

Spread on wax paper to cool.  Break apart and then store in an air-tight container.



This treat is so addicting!!!  It's sweet, crunchy coating is so good...you may want to hoard each and every pot of gold!  It's great wrapped in cellophane as treat bags for the classroom, a party or for your coworkers.
No need to stress over finding a leprechaun...you got your own pots o' gold!

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Christine


OK, I went a "little" C-R-AAAA-Z-A-Y!  I joined some link parties with Skip to My LouInside Bru Crew LifeLady Behind the CurtainStone Gable BlogI Heart NaptimeSix Sisters StuffLil Luna and the 36th avenue.  So much fun to be a part of these fun parties.  They are all my top bloggers to follow!  Make sure to check them out too for other great ideas!  It's a PARTAY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to Doctor Razor for the Great miraculous work he did in my life with his herbal remedy. I have been living with this virus and I have shared with my partners my situation because they deserve to have a choice of whether they want to change being with me or not. I unfortunately did not have a choice in this matter leaving me vulnerable and now faced with this virus for the rest of my life or until a cure was discovered.I refused to take the Medical drugs my PCD had told me to take, I surrendered to my fate, because I was careless. On Aug 23, 2020, I came across Doctor Razor herbal medicine. I browsed about the authenticity of This Doctor, I got to see several Testimonies regarding his works from people he had helped with his medicine. I reached out to him and told him my problems, after we spoke he promised to help me out. I started using his herbal medicine which he sent to me Via the Courier Delivery, and asked me to take the herbal medicine for 18 days. which i did. I am delighted to let you all know that I Got cured of Herpes Virus, after the Medical Doctor had confirmed this with the test results, when I went for a medical check up after completing the Herbal Dosage Of 18 days. Doctor Razor's Website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome or Reach out to Doctor razor via email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com WhatsApp +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are reading this and you are suffering from Herpes or any other disease or you want to fix your broken marriage/relationship or maybe get back with your Ex husband, Ex wife, Boyfriend or girlfriend you you can reach this herbal doctor on_________________robinsonbuckler11@gmail.com.......Robinsonbuckler@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete