Sunday, June 7, 2015

Easy Blueberry Jam

Yum
While I can't get local blueberries yet, there are fabulous blueberries coming in from other parts of the country.   Good things come to those who wait? Well, I couldn't wait, so I scooped up a bunch of the berries because I have been dying to try out this new super easy blueberry jam recipe.  I am sooo glad I didn't have the willpower to wait for some local blueberries.


I didn't "can" this blueberry jam.  Just whipped some up (because it is a super fast recipe) and spooned the blueberry jam into jars.  The jam will keep for a good 7-10 days in the refrigerator.


Such sweet jam without any refined sugar!
Spoon onto muffins or ice cream or just eat it by the spoonfuls right out of the jar!


Wait until you see how easy...


Ingredients:
2 pints of blueberries
1 tsp honey
1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
Directions:
Place all ingredients in a medium sized pot.  Over medium heat, cook the blueberries just until a few start to pop.  Turn the heat to low and cook an additional 5-7 minutes.  Remove from heat and spoon into mason jars.  Refrigerate overnight before use.


Easy and tastes great!  My picky eater said it was like eating the filling from a blueberry pie.  She loved it!  Me too, I always love seasonal simplicity!  Don't you?


Thanks so much for stopping by.
If you don't want to miss any recipes,
make sure you sign up to receive recipes directly to your inbox.
You can find me on social media too so we can be social together.  
It's over there on the right.
Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,

No comments:

Post a Comment