Sunday, May 17, 2015

Blueberry Marscarpone Tarts

Yum
The arrival of spring and summer bring the onslaught of outdoor festivals and concerts, the opening of garden centers and weekly farmer's markets.  After surviving another Midwest winter (at least that is how I see it), one must partake in each and every outdoor event possible.  Big or small, I make the most out of pulling weeds or attending an outdoor concert.  Anything to keep me outside.  My house turns into a mess, but I have all of the following winter to stay clean.  So, I mark off my calendar for all that I want to squeeze in.  One event that fills up all my early Saturday mornings includes a trip to the local farmer's market.  Grab yourself some blueberries, because I have a sweet little treat just perfect for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July.


These pretty little red, white and blue goodies have a sweet marscarpone filling with a fresh home-made blueberry sauce.  Top each with a fresh raspberry to create that patriotic look!



Marscarpone is so creamy with a little bit of sweetness,  Adding the powdered sugar makes the sweetness just right.  And the home-made blueberry sauce?  Perfection!


Not much to make these little gems.  Only 7 ingredients! Just put raspberries and blueberries on your farmer's market list so that you can have the freshest berries possible!

Ingredients:
8 ounces marscarpone (can be found in the specialty cheese area or near the cream cheese)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tsp granulated sugar
1 package fillo shells
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
Directions:
Place fresh blueberries and 1 tsp granulated sugar into a small pot.  Heat over medium heat just until blueberries begin to pop.  Mash the berries and let cool.  In a bowl, mix together marscarpone, vanilla extract and powdered sugar.  Spoon sweetened marscarpone into each fillo shell.  Top with cooled blueberry sauce and top with a raspberry.  Refrigerate until ready to use.  Do not refrigerate overnight.  Shells tend to get too soft.



Creamy sweetness!
I know farmer's markets are going on in the South.  For those of us in the Midwest...they are coming!
Get excited about all that fresh produce and celebrate the seasonal simplicity of it all!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
It really does make my day when you do and especially when you leave a comment.  I love chatting with you!
If you don't want to miss any recipes,
make sure you sign up to receive recipes directly to your inbox.
You can find me on social media too so we can stay connected.  I will always get back to you!
Everything is just over there on the right!
Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,

No comments:

Post a Comment