Monday, January 19, 2015

National Popcorn Day

Yum
I scream...
You scream...
We all scream for....
Popcorn!
I know, that should say ice cream, but popcorn is one of those favorite snack time treats that I adore just as much as ice cream.  Besides, when it is freezing outside, I tend to not want a cold treat.
Have you ever been working in the office and someone pops a bag of popcorn...oh my gosh...I start searching for who has some of that addicting snack.  So in honor of National Popcorn Day, yes, that is today, I thought I would share some popcorn facts and have a little Popcorn Round Up of my favorite variations on that popped little kernel.

Let's start with a couple of popcorn facts...one's that are wierd 'cuz aren't those really the most intersting?
You know, the kind of facts you would find in the Guinness Book of World Records...longest finger nails, largest pumpkin...I know, strange, yet fascinating at the same time.  So, here we go:
The World's Largest Popcorn Ball measured 12 feet in diameter.  That might crack a tooth, no?
How about this?  The most popped popcorn placed on your forehead and caught in your mouth, at one time is 2!  I think that can be beat!!!  Don't you?  While you figure out how to beat that challenge and make it into the Guinness Book of World Records, let's check out a couple of YUMMY popcorn treats!



Chili Lime Popcorn

Easy Caramel Popcorn

Kettle Corn

I think you will love one of these popcorn variations!
Hey, did you know that the unpopped kernels are known as spinsters or old maids?  Apparently that relates to the analogy of women who never got married and had children that they popped out.  Who knew?
Anyhow, if you beat the World Record by getting 3 popped kernels into your mouth from your forehead, I'd like to be the 2nd person to know...after you alert Guinness World Records.  :)

Be sure to sign up for A Sprinkle of This and That email subscription to receive recipe ideas in your inbox each day!  Pssst...it's over on the right.  You don't want to miss a thing!  
Make sure to share on your social media...I love making new friends!  
Any friend of yours is a friend of mine!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

You may also like:

Winter Snack Mix

Funnel Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment