Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pumpkin Bread Churro Nuggets

Yum
I have never been a big baseball fan.  I'll go to a game, but it has really been more about the snacks.  But this world series?  I have become obsessed!  I cannot take my eyes off the Cubs' games!  As I am writing this post, I have one eye on the computer screen and one eye on the tv.  You see, the Chicago Cubs have not been in a playoff game since the early 2000's and have not been in a World Series since  FOREVER!  There has been this...I can't even say it.  Google it if you don't know what I am talking about.  We are all about superstition around here.  The hubby has me planted in front of the tv.  The only time I can leave?  A bathroom break during a commercial.  We have been eating the exact same dinner and snack (peanuts and crackerjack and 1 beer...only 1) ever since the Wild Card game.  Keeping the luck alive! So far, everything has been pretty successful.  So why change things up?  I am good with that.  As long as we don't have to wear the same outfit and underwear...that may be taking things just too far.  :)  I am setting my foot down about that!
Since we are talking baseball talk...want a fall dessert that hits it out of the ballpark?
You came to the right place.


Oh my gosh! Another home run!  Sorry, distracted...back to cooking.  Tee hee hee!
Taking that pumpkin bread to the next level and "churro-izing" them.  Totally not a word, but sounds pretty cool, no?


These sweet little nuggets of goodness are unbelievably good!
You will not be able to stop at just one.  Trust me, I have experience with that.


So how do you make 'em?  Start with a baked loaf of pumpkin bread.
Sounds easy, right.  Then you "churro-ize" em.  They taste just like churros only with that pumpkin bread flavor.

Ingredients:
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread cubed into 1' squares
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
whipped cream
cinnamon
Directions:
In a bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon.  Take each Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread 1" cube and dip into melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar mixture.  Set on waxed paper to dry.  Once dry, add a bit of whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon.


Each bite has a crunchy cinnamon sugar exterior with insides of that moist chocolate chip pumpkin bread we all love this time of year.  Addicting!


You will score a home run with Pumpkin Bread Churro Nuggets!
As for the Chicago Cubs, THEY WON!


Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine




You may also like:
Creamy Pumpkin Soup

Pumpkin Ale Floats

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment