Friday, August 28, 2015

Creamy Corn Salad

Yum
Oh my gosh!
Can you believe Labor Day weekend is just over a week away?  I can't!
I tell ya, I have mixed feelings about that weekend.  Let me tell you why.  Part of me is sad that it marks the unofficial end to summer.  No more swimming in outdoor pools, outdoor concerts wind down and the freedom summer brings seems to come to an end.  Yet, I have to admit it.  There is a part of me that is super excited about colorful leaves, apples, crisp nights and all the fall baking.  I have to say, I do love yoga pant season...strike that...the season of fall.  :) I love all it brings.  
BUT, until then, I am still celebrating all things summer like summer corn!


You are going to want this as a side dish for your Labor Day picnic.
Fresh, sweet corn with cherry tomatoes, slices of red onion and a creamy garlic and herb spreadable cheese.  Every spoonful is packed with summer flavor!


 It's another easy one!  AND with only 6 ingredients!!!


originally from HyVee Seasons/Back to School 2015
Ingredients:
3 ears of corn with husks removed
sea salt
1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup red onion, sliced thinly
1/4 cup garlic and herb spreadable cheese (Boursin)
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Directions:
In a large pot, boil corn in salted water for 5 minutes.  Remove corn and set aside until you can cut off the corn kernels from the cob.  Place the corn kernels in a large bowl.  Add halved tomatoes and thinly sliced red onion.  In a small bowl, combine spreadable cheese and lemon juice.  Add salt to taste.  Stir mixture into corn and tomato bowl.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.


I can totally picture your steak or hamburger accompanied by this Creamy Corn Salad.
Colorful and delicious too!


Celebrate the little thing that make life sweet,
Christine


You may also like:

Red Potato and Green Beans Saute

Cornbread Panzanella

Beer Bread Muffins with Sun Dried Tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment