Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cornbread Panzanella

Yum
How are you feeling about your Thanksgiving menu?
Do you have it all planned out yet?
This year my sister is hosting Thanksgiving and I am in charge of appetizers!
Put me on the appetizers or the desserts and I am ALL over it!  Can't wait!
Now when I host Thanksgiving, I always have the traditional foods associated with the big feast and all the family favorites, but I always try to do at least one new dish.



This year I experimented with a recipe that would be fabulous at your
Thanksgiving feast or really at any meal!

Cornbread Panzanella
is colorful and will tantilize your tastebuds!
It is easy to put together too!



It's starts with toasted cornbread.  You can make your own from a box or use my recipe.  Check out the ingredients and how to's below.

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 large red pepper, chopped
1 1/2 cups cooked corn
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
Directions:
Cube cornbread and place on a large baking sheet.  Place into a 375 degree oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until cubes are crispy.  In a large saucepan, heat butter and olive oil.  Add chopped red onion and cook for 3-5 minutes.  Toss in the red pepper and corn.  Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.  Toss the toasted, cubed cornbread with the vegetables.  Add the cranberries and serve.

Oh my gosh!  The flavor and texture are incredible!



Wouldn't that look fabulous at your next meal?

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine


You may also like:

Blackberry Cornbread Pudding with Caramel Corn

Cornbread Waffles and Chili

Apple Cider Roasted Veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment