Monday, March 9, 2015

Tea Time Treats Round Up

Yum


My hubby's grandmother came over to this country when she was only 16 years old.  She left Ireland on her own and connected with extended family when she arrived.  She traveled through Ellis Island and remained in New York for most of her life.  I think every afternoon she sat down for a cup of tea.  She barely dunked the tea bag into the water before removing it to save for later use.  She didn't like to talk about Ireland, much to my husband's dismay.  She just wouldn't share.  While he might not know much about his Irish heritage, my hubby's grandmother did pass on the importance of stopping for a cup of tea.  Celebrating tea time is always special for our family!  So in honor of my hubby's Irish heritage, I thought I would share some sweet and savory tea time treats.

Lemon Scones

Irish Scones

Cucumber and Chive Tea Sandwiches

Radish Tea Sandwiches

Raspberry Petit Fours
Better get that pot of tea ready!

Be sure to sign up for A Sprinkle of This and That email subscription to receive recipe ideas in your inbox each day!  Pssst...it's over on the right.  You don't want to miss a thing!  
Make sure to share on your social media...I love making new friends!  
Any friend of yours is a friend of mine!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment