Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Italian Grilled Cheese Bites

Yum
So what is your favorite comfort food?
It seems like Winter just calls for comfort food.  I know I am craving it!  Actually I am just craving food!  After eating around the clock during the holidays, I am hungry ALL the time.  I am blaming it on the cold.  I need to bulk up some blubber to help me make it through this season.  After all, that's how seals stay warm or is it whales?  Never mind...now I am comparing myself to animals with blubber...bad analogies....but I am craving comfort food.  Grilled cheese is a favorite around here, so I mixed it up and made it Italian style.  Better than that...they are bite size!  Only takes a couple of bites to gobble up these cheesy goodies!


Italian Grilled Cheese Bites have mozzarella, fontina and Parmesan cheeses.
And the best part...you dip them!  I know, you're sold right?
Party food, lunch or for dinner with a salad!  Don't you just love how versatile grilled cheese can be?!





You are going to love how easier it is to jazz up plain ol' grilled cheese!


Ingredients to make 4 grilled cheese sandwiches:
1 loaf French bread, slice into 8 slices
4 oz shredded mozzarella
4 oz fontina cheese, sliced
2 oz shredded Parmesan (not grated)
basil
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 15 oz jar marinara sauce
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  On 4 slices of French bread, evenly distibute the cheeses.  (Save a little bit of the cheese combo for the top of each sandwich.)  Sprinkle with basil.  Top with remaining slices of French bread.  Place butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat.  Place grilled cheese sandwiches on top of melted butter.  Cook for approximately 3 minutes.  Flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.  Put cooked grilled cheese sandwiches on a cookie sheet.  Top with extra cheese combo and an little more basil.  Bake at 375 degrees for 4-5 minutes.  Serve with warmed marinara sauce.


Toasty, warm and cheesy!  Italian Grilled Cheese Bites are quite the flavor filled little package!

Be sure to sign up for A Sprinkle of This and That email subscription to receive recipe ideas in your inbox each day!  Pssst...it's over on the right.  You don't want to miss a thing!  
Make sure to share on your social media...I love making new friends!  
Any friend of yours is a friend of mine!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,

No comments:

Post a Comment