Saturday, April 12, 2014

Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day

Yum
Today is Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day!

There is just something about the cheesy sandwich that hits the spot.
But grilled cheese is no longer that simple version.
Oh no, it has become quite the gourmet goody!

Every couple of years we head down to the panhandle of Florida, Seaside Florida.  It has a special place in our hearts.  We started going there from it's inception in the late 80's.  It has grown a lot since then and has even added some fun food trucks.  One of our favorites is The Meltdown.  Kevin and Amanda, one of my favorite bloggers from Alabama, also visited there and took this cool pic!


The Meltdown offers a variety of grilled cheese sandwiches with unique combinations all served outside.  Some are savory and others are sweet!  Check out their menu:


I wish I was there...right now!  Really, RIGHT NOW!  Well, maybe sometime soon.
Anyhow, it just shows how much grilled cheese has changed.  There are even food festivals solely about the melted cheese sandwich. I heard there is a really hot one in Wisconsin, which I hope to get to one year!!!

But in any case, I thought I would share some of my previous posts that involve spins on the grilled cheese sandwich! Make sure to click the links to find out how to make them!





I hope you are inspired to make a grilled cheese sandwich today on Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment