Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Strawberry Summer

Yum

Every time I go to the farmer's market or grocery store, I place strawberries in my basket.  We can't get enough of those delicious berries!  So, today I have 3 recipe ideas for you that are filled with  strawberry flavor.

                                                                 

I have an ice cream maker, but I can't tell you how many times I forget to freeze the canister.  Then I can't make the ice cream when I want to.  I would actually need to prepare ahead of time.  Imagine that?  Anyway, this recipe from http://somethingswanky.com is just about the easiest, non-machine ice cream you can make!  Check the link above for the ingredients.  Once you mix the ingredients, you place the mixture in a loaf pan and freeze for 4 hours.  This is sooo good!  It tastes just like  strawberry cheesecake (hence the name) that you would get from an ice cream shop AND you made it!  Impressive to say the least!


Oh my goodness, Strawberry Icebox Cake will really wow your guests...and your family too.  This recipe can be found at www.womansday.com
You'll get a question like how did you get the cookies in there?  Don't tell!  Let it be your chef secret!  This dessert is light and just melts in your mouth.  It too only requires a loaf pan and a freezer.  I bet you have those!  So no excuses not to make this strawberry yummy.

Finally, I have included a frozen strawberry drink recipe.  Anyone can have this because there isn't any alcohol and it so says summer!


You may not be able to travel to Hawaii, but you can pretend you are there by having a Lava Flow.  One can try, right?
Over at www.coterieblog.com you can find the specifics.  Basically all you need are the ingredients below as well as clear glasses so you can see the pretty drink.  Just puree the frozen strawberries in syrup and water.  The mixture should be pretty liquified.  Then pour into your clear glasses.  In your blender, blend together the pineapple juice, coco lopez, half and half and ice.  Once blended, pour into the glasses with the strawberry mixture.  As you pour, the strawberry mixture comes up the sides giving that lava look.  It will instantly transport you to Hawaii!  Can you see the beaches?

Ingredients for Lava Flow:  frozen strawberries in syrup + 2 Tbsp water
46 oz. pineapple juice
40 oz coco lopez
1 pint half and half
ice

You can always go the strawberry shortcake route or try one of these strawberry recipes to have yourself a strawberry summer.  Summer ain't over yet!

Take time to celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Christine


2 comments:

  1. I've tried this recipe before and never got the cool swirl to work. Thanks for suggesting the half and half, that might work!

    ReplyDelete