Friday, February 27, 2015

Bacon Ranch Mac n Cheese

Yum
The 15th Polar Plunge is this weekend in Chicago!
I can't believe I have lived here 22 years and have never participated.
What have I been thinking?  Well, let me tell ya...
Jumping into Lake Michigan in the Summer can be a wee bit chilly, but taking the plunge when over 80% of Lake Michigan is frozen and the air temperatures are below 10...couldn't do it unless I was being chased by a crazed yeti and that was my only way to escape.  Even then, I may just wave a white flag and let the yeti eat me.  Now you know why I have never participated. I have to say, The Polar Plunge is for a wonderful cause.  Last year Jimmy Fallon took a dip and this year Vince Vaugn will take the plunge.  It's being referred to as #Vinnydippin.  Very, very clever!  But, I still couldn't do it unless there was a yeti involved.  Kuddos to those who take the Polar Plunge to support Special Olympics!  Besides, my teeth would be chattering soooo much (they are just thinking about the cold), they'd fall out. 
For those of us who just enjoy staying warm (all of us, right?), 
check out this recipe for mac-n-cheese.
Comfort food with a twist!


Other than cooking some bacon, this is a one pot meal!
Bacon Ranch Mac-n-Cheese
should be on your meal rotation!


Cheesy goodness with bits of bacon and ranch flavor...I love it!


YUM!  Did I tell you I love it?

Ingredients:
4 cups 2% milk
3 cups elbow macaroni
1/4 tsp salt
1 8 ounce block of cheddar cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
1 6 ounce package of bacon, cooked
2 Tbsp dry ranch seasoning
Directions:
Cook bacon until crispy.  Put cooked bacon on paper towels to pat dry.  Reserve to the side.  In a large pot, put 4 cups of milk, 3 cups of elbow macaroni (uncooked noodles) and salt.  Bring to a boil over medium heat.  Once boiling, cook noodles for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently to keep milk from scalding.  Once noodles are al dente and most of the liquid has been absorbed, stir in the shredded cheddar cheese, ranch seasoning and crumbled bacon.  Serve immediately.




Sit by a drafty window and let your fork take a polar plunge into this comfort food with a twist!
No yeti needed and teeth stay in your mouth!  Teeheehee!

Be sure to sign up for A Sprinkle of This and That email subscription to receive recipe ideas in your inbox each day!  Pssst...it's over on the right.  You don't want to miss a thing!  
Make sure to share on your social media...I love making new friends!  
Any friend of yours is a friend of mine!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,


You may also like:
Spaghetti Muffins

Prosciutto and Arugula Pita Pizza

Southwestern BLT Stackers

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to Doctor Razor for the Great miraculous work he did in my life with his herbal remedy. I have been living with this virus and I have shared with my partners my situation because they deserve to have a choice of whether they want to change being with me or not. I unfortunately did not have a choice in this matter leaving me vulnerable and now faced with this virus for the rest of my life or until a cure was discovered.I refused to take the Medical drugs my PCD had told me to take, I surrendered to my fate, because I was careless. On Aug 23, 2020, I came across Doctor Razor herbal medicine. I browsed about the authenticity of This Doctor, I got to see several Testimonies regarding his works from people he had helped with his medicine. I reached out to him and told him my problems, after we spoke he promised to help me out. I started using his herbal medicine which he sent to me Via the Courier Delivery, and asked me to take the herbal medicine for 18 days. which i did. I am delighted to let you all know that I Got cured of Herpes Virus, after the Medical Doctor had confirmed this with the test results, when I went for a medical check up after completing the Herbal Dosage Of 18 days. Doctor Razor's Website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome or Reach out to Doctor razor via email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com WhatsApp +2349065420442

    ReplyDelete