Thursday, January 29, 2015

Southwestern BLT Stacks

Yum
As I mentioned before, we are working on a kitchen remodel.  It'll be going on for a long time!  Not because it is a huge project, but because I have an architect hubby who is extremely accurate yet painfully slow.  Love him to death and have finally come to accept that projects in our house take an extraordinary amount of time!  Anyhow, he needed to remove the trim from one of the cabinets before moving in the new refrigerator.  So, I suggested removing the items from said cabinet...silly, right?  Bam!  Shelf within the cabinet falls with mugs and a bowl full of sugar scattering EVERYWHERE!  I bit my tongue and didn't say "I told ya so."  Although, I did think it in my head.  :)
Next lesson learned during kitchen remodeling???
Stacked items will tumble out of cabinets when extreme banging is taking place on said cabinet.
I am glad I can share all these tidbits along the way.  Oh, and sugar all over the floor is extremely slippery!  Who knew?  On to a spin on a traditional fave!


Southwestern BLT Stacks
are so fun!
Perfect for a quick weeknight meal with a bowl of soup!


Kind of like your own Scooby sandwiches!
So, I bet you are wondering what makes these BLT Stacks southwestern?
It's the sauce...a mayo with a tiny kick.
You won't be holding the mayo on these babies!


Ingredients:
1 loaf french bread
2 Roma tomatoes
12 strips cooked bacon
butterhead lettuce
2 Tbsp Ranch dressing
1 Tbsp mayo with olive oil
1/2 tsp chili seasoning
Directions:
Mix mayo, Ranch dressing and chili seasoning in a small bowl.  Warm loaf of bread in a 350 degree oven for 5-6 minutes.  Slice into 1/2" slices.  Assemble in the following order:  1 slice of bread, a little bit of southwestern mayo, bacon, lettuce and tomato.  Top with another slice of bread and repeat.  Place 1 slice of bread on the top.  Use a toothpick skewer to hold stack in place.

Your kiddos will love making these sandwiches and you will love the spin on the 'ol traditional sandwich.

Be sure to sign up for A Sprinkle of This and That email subscription to receive recipe ideas in your inbox each day!  Pssst...it's over on the right.  You don't want to miss a thing!  
Make sure to share on your social media...I love making new friends!  
Any friend of yours is a friend of mine!  You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram.  All the links are over on the right too!  Let's be social together!!!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,

No comments:

Post a Comment