Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Cheese Crispies

Yum
Over the weekend I finally saw the movie The Hundred Foot Journey.
BTW, I am a little slow at keeping up with the latest movies, but I figured that watching this movie, less than a year since it was released, was pretty good.  Loved it!  So many themes within this movie and loved all the food connections of course!  I love how the writers show how the universal power of food connects us with all that matters.  Totally true!  There was one scene where the two budding chefs talk about how "food is memories."  Aren't their just recipes that take you back to your own family and memories?  What a great movie!  I highly recommend you watch it!  I am thinking your probably already did...so rewatch it then.  :)

I have been wanting to make today's recipe for awhile.  It is a perfect appetizer and a great munchie while watching football or a movie.  In fact, I didn't realize it until I tasted it.  Cheese Crispies totally took me back!  Total memory flashback!  My mom used to make 'em!  What a great way to remember her through recipes she used to cook.  I didn't have a recipe from her, but once I tried this one...tasted just like the one I had as a kid.  Check 'em out...



These savory treats just linger in your mouth until you want another and another.
The addition of the crisp rice cereal adds a fun crunch!  The cheese lover in you will be so happy!

Ingredients to make 3 doz:
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups flour
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
Directions:
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.  Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Make 1" dough balls and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.  Use a fork to flatten each dough ball in a crisscross pattern.  Bake approx. 15 minutes.  Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.



You can make these ahead and store them in an airtight container.  
I do absolutely love them while they are still warm!  The sharp cheddar flavor and crispy rice texture makes Cheese Crispies quite addicting!



Over the holiday, why don't you make something that reminds you of the past.  Food is memories!

Be sure to sign up for A Sprinkle of This and That email subscription to receive recipe ideas in your inbox each day!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine


You may also like:

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pinwheels

Couscous Cups

BLT Crostini

No comments:

Post a Comment