Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Red Potato and Green Bean Saute

Yum
We have a lot of road construction going on around here.
It takes double to triple the amount of time to get from point A to point B.
No way around it.  It's just like going on a bear hunt?  Remember that?  Can't go over it.  Can't go under it.  (although I wish I could) And, can't go around it!  It is along a major road in our city.  So all you can do is go  through it and hope that you can muster every bit of patience you got!  Sometimes I think it would be easier to go on a bear hunt!  Anyhow, it was one of those stuck in traffic kind of days. I was sitting across the street from a pet store, specifically PetSmart.  Apparently I had time to kill because I really wondered.  Is it Pet Smart or Pets Mart?  Please help me figure that out!  It is driving me crazy!!!

Anyhow, check this out!  Is it a red potato and green bean saute
or
a green bean and red potato saute?
I think I really am going crazy!  Who wonders about these things?


For my sanity, lets go with Red Potato and Green Bean Saute
What a great Thanksgiving side dish or any day side dish that is so simple yet tastes great.
I use The Deen Brothers recipe because it allows all the natual flavors of the two to come out.  
Nice and clean!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
8 small red potatoes, quartered
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed of ends
1 Tbsp minced garlic
salt and pepper to tast
Directions:
Fill a large pot with water.  Bring to a boil and add quarted potatoes.  Cook for 15 minutes.  Add beans and cook an additional 5-6 minutes.  Drain.  In a large skillet, add olive oil, butter and garlic.  When butter has melted, add the drained potatoes and green beans.  Saute 3-5 minute and serve.


Everything is so tender and just coated in that buttery, garlic flavor.
YUM!  Almost hate to share!

So, when you have a sec...please get back to me about Pet Smart or Pets Mart.
I'll be able to sleep again!  :)

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine



You may also like:

Chicken Limone

Mini Alfredo Pizzas

Crab Puffs with Microgreen Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment