Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Best Thing About Fall Is?

Yum
So I was recently reading a poll where a question was posed to Chicagoans,

"What's the best thing about fall?"

Here are some funny answers...

All the kids are back to school.

Apple picking and an excuse to use the fireplace.

Football.

Watching the leaves change.

Honeycrisp apples.

Pumpkin spice lattes.

IT'S NOT WINTER!

I agree with all of those reasons, but by far, I would also say...

IT'S NOT WINTER! is the best thing about fall.

Everyday fall holds on is one less day of winter!  Again, like winter (not love it) just wish it was shorter by about 3 months!  Ha!


Those crisp, cool mornings and evenings make me crave warm drinks, especially coffee drinks.  I love to add those flavored coffee creamers to my coffee, but I don't love the list of ingredients on the flavored bottles from the grocery store.  It takes a chemist to figure out what those strange items are.  I figure if I can't read it, it's probably no good.  Once in awhile is fine, but I would rather have my own.  Besides, it really impresses others when they find out that YOU made the coffee creamer!

So check out http://www.deliciouslyorganic.net or the above link for the complete recipes for cinnamon streudal, chocolate almond, pumpkin spice, French vanilla and peppermint mocha coffee flavored creamers.  They all start out with a base of whole milk and/or cream.  However, you could lighten up the version by using 2% milk.  Then, each creamer has a couple of ingredients mixed in to create the desired flavor.

Perfect!

What's your favorite thing about fall?


Is that one of the best things about fall or what?

Celebrate the little things that make each season sweet!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment