Monday, March 7, 2016

Potato Recipes

Yum
My husband's grandmother left Ireland when she was just 16 years old to head over to America for a new life.  She traveled through Ellis Island and met up with a family member who helped her get a job and transition to her new life in the land across the pond.  Can you imagine doing that?  I think at 16 I was just interested in finding my way to the local froyo...my how times have changed.  I didn't know her very long and so wished I had asked more about that period of time in her life.  But, I was young and the hubby was just a boyfriend at the time.  Other family had asked about her journey, and she just wouldn't talk about it, which makes things even more intriguing.  So today I am sharing some potato recipes that you can prepare for your family for St. Patrick's Day or any day!

  
Let's face it.  March has crazy weather.  Some days it seems like Spring is here to stay and other days it seems like Winter just hasn't lost it's grip.  Loaded Potato Soup is always good in March, especially on those rainy or snowy damp days.  AND, there is a cheater's way to whip this soup up in less than half and hour!

Loaded Potato Soup

 One of the most flavorful flatbreads you will ever make!  Tender potatoes and fresh rosemary fill your kitchen with an amazing aroma!

Potato and Rosemary Flatbread


Red Potato and Green Bean Saute has a buttery garlic flavor that will perk up any main meal!  This side dish says Spring!

Red Potato and Green Bean Saute

In less than a week, the Chicago river will be dyed green!
So it's time to start thinking like an Irishmen with some potato recipes in your back pocket.  Ha!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine