Friday, February 5, 2016

Wacky for Wontons

Yum
2016 is the Year of the Monkey.
Normally when you open a fortune cookie or celebrate the year of an animal, there is lots of good fortune surrounding you.  But this year, look out.  Yikes!  If you were born during a year of the Monkey, misfortune is coming your way!  Oh my gosh!  I don't even want to figure out if I was born during a monkey year.  Don't look!  I know, now you really want to know if you too were born in one of those years.  Maybe I read it wrong...I think I will just pretend it is the Year of The Dragon...they sound like no trouble could come their way, right?  Ha!  A little Chinese New Year fun.  Holidays and food go hand in hand.  I always think of wontons when I think of Chinese food.  This year I made an easy, home-made wonton soup.  Make sure to check back next week for the recipe.  But, did you know that those wonton wrappers are really versatile and can be used to create lots of other recipes?  Check this out...


Snacks, dinner and even dessert!
No wonder I am wacky for wontons!

Shrimp Fried Rice in Wonton Wrappers
 I love, love, love Shrimp Fried Rice.  What makes it fun and unique?  It is served in crisp wonton wrappers.  Perfect for a party or a Chinese inspired dinner at home.


Raspberry Cream Cheese Pillows
 Each little wonton pillow is filled with delicious raspberry cream cheese and dusted with powdered sugar.  I'm thinking a sweet little Valentine Day treat!


Buffalo Chicken Wonton Poppers
Wonton Snacks
Buffalo Chicken Wonton Poppers and Crispy Wonton Snacks are perfect for game time!  Good thing there is a big game on this weekend!  (Ok, is there ever a weekend without a big game?  Ha!)

Anyhow, go wacky for wontons!  You know what?  I just KNOW that the Year of the Monkey will be a good one!

Starting off by entering to win a brand spanking new ANOLON saucepan!



Don't forget to join the party!
Join the party here!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment