Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Grilled Guava Shrimp

Yum
I was first introduced to the flavor of guava when I was down in Miami for Food BlogHer 2014.
Living in South Florida for 25 years, you would think I would have had lots of foods that incorporated that flavor.  That tropical flavor seems to have eluded me.  But, not anymore.  For me, guava is right up there with the key lime, both of which provide that tropical flavor whenever you need it.  Since the unofficial start of summer is just around the bend, I am sharing an old favorite.  Check this out!



Grilled Guava Shrimp




Ingredients for guava shrimp marinade:
50 small or medium sized uncooked shrimp, peeled and tail removed
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp guava fruit spread (found in the jelly/jam section of grocery store)
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
Ingredients for guava dressing:
1/2 cup mayo
3 Tbsp guava fruit spread (found in the jelly/jam section of grocery store)
1 Tbsp soy sauce
Directions:
Whisk together olive oil, honey, guava fruit spread and vinegar in a large bowl.  Add the shrimp and marinade in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile soak bamboo skewers in water.  Makes for easy shrimp removal and the wood won't burn as much on the grill.
For the guava dressing, mix together mayo, guava fruit spread and soy sauce.  Set aside in refrigerator until ready to use.
Remove shrimp from marinade and skewer on bamboo skewers.  Grill over a hot fire for 3-4 minutes per side or until shrimp turns pink.
Remove and lay on a bed of lettuce.  Drizzle the guava dressing over top.

The guava marinade caramelizes as the shrimp cooks.  And the end result?  A yummy sweet flavor!  Serve over a bed of  rice or over lettuce.  A perfect, light summer meal worth the re-share!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
It really does make my day when you do and especially when you leave a comment.  I love chatting with you!
If you don't want to miss any recipes,
make sure you sign up to receive recipes directly to your inbox.
You can find me on social media too so we can stay connected.  I will always get back to you!
Everything is just over there on the right!
Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine


Featured On:





You may also like what I am pinning to my Seafood Lover Pinterest Board:


No comments:

Post a Comment