Saturday, March 21, 2015

Easy Key Lime Pie Ice Cream

Yum

Awww...the flavors of my homeland...the Sunshine State!
Spring is here and I am ready for ice cream!  
I am close to wearing flip flops, well, not really.
But, I haven't been wearing socks...so that counts as being close to wearing flip flops.
And, with Spring Break just around the corner,
I am envisioning warm, sandy beaches, palm trees and a scoop of tropical Key Lime Pie Ice Cream!


Key Lime Pie Ice Cream is flavored with key lime, of course, and has bits of graham crackers.


And, you know what completes this tropical treat?
Toasted coconut in each and every spoonful!


The best part of Key Lime Pie Ice Cream is that it is easy!
No need to travel to the tropics when you can have all the flavors of key lime pie in ice cream form.
You can make this ice cream faster than you can slap on a bikini!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup toasted coconut
3 cups vanilla ice cream softened
3 graham crackers (broken)
1/4 cup key lime juice
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place coconut in a shallow baking pan.  Toast at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool.  Place vanilla ice cream in a bowl and mix with key lime juice.  Stir in broken graham crackers and toasted coconut.  Refreeze the ice cream for 2-3 hours.


Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!
I just love taking vanilla ice cream and making my own flavor.
I wonder what flavor combo I will make next because I am in need of some ice cream!

If you don't want to miss any recipes,
make sure you sign up to receive recipes directly to your inbox!
You can find me on social media too so we can stay connected!
Everything is just over there on the right!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,

No comments:

Post a Comment