Friday, March 20, 2015

First Day of Spring!

Yum
Today Spring arrives!
I am so happy!!!
It's above 32 degrees.  I can see the grass.  It's brown, but at least the white stuff is gone.
Birds have actually returned to the area and I have been wearing shoes without socks!!!
BTW-I am soooo not going back to socks and boots!
Anyhow, since Spring is here and before I share a "spring"ish recipe, I thought I would take a moment and reflect on the top 5 reasons I'll miss winter...yes, there are a few things I will miss.
1.  Not being able to leave groceries in my car while I run errands for hours
2.  Leaving pajamas on and just slapping on a coat (yes, I have done that...often)
3.  Time in front of the fire
4.  Snow Days!
5.  Named Snow Storms (reminds me of hurricane season)
See, I don't TOTALLY hate winter!
But, let's hear it for Spring!  May it stick around longer than a few days!!!

Let's start Spring off right with a light, healthy lemon recipe that would make a yummy dessert, snack or breakfast at your fingertips.


Make ahead and store them in your freezer!
Mini Frozen Lemon Yogurt Cups
are healthy little treats to grab anytime!



Each little frozen goody has a light lemon flavor and is topped with sweet granola!



A sweet granola  topping with the lemon yogurt flavor makes it taste like Spring!
Be gone winter!!!

Ingredients to make 2 dozen:
2 cups of your favorite vanilla yogurt
2 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup of your favorite granola
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
Directions:
Line a mini cupcake pan with mini cupcake liners.  In a bowl, mix together your favorite vanilla yogurt and lemon juice. 
Spoon into cupcake liners.  In another bowl, mix together your favorite granola and honey.  Divide up among the yogurt cups.  Place into your freezer overnight.  To serve, let sit out 10 minutes.

Let your kiddos help themselves!
A yummy way to make breakfast or snack time an independent activity!
You might even be able to sleep in a few extra minutes...maybe?

If you don't want to miss any recipes,
make sure you sign up to receive recipes directly to your inbox!
You can find me on social media too so we can stay connected!
Everything is just over there on the right!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,

No comments:

Post a Comment