Saturday, September 6, 2014

Meatball Sub Casserole

Yum
As I am writing this post, I am contemplating a dilemna.  I thought I would let you in on it because I knew you would want to know.  You see, tomorrow (which will actually be this morning as you read this post...I know totally confusing) my daughter needs to be at school at 3:15 AM.  Yep, you read it right.  I too thought it was a typo.  Seriously?  Her marching band is headed off to perform at a college football game, which is very exciting.  But here is the dilemna since I will have to be up by 2:40 in the morning...do I try to go to sleep like right now or do I just stay up?  What to do???  There are people out there that need their 8 hours of sleep each and every night.  People who need sleep to be nice all day long.  Not sure who those people are (me)?  :)  And once I'm up...I'm up.  What would you do?  I'll have to get back to you with my final decision, but in the meantime let's talk about a recipe that has absolutely no drama surrounding it.  It is so good, EASY and drama free!

MEATBALL SUB CASSEROLE


What's not to love?  You don't even have to think about.  Assemble, bake and eat!
All the ingredients from a meatball sub in a pan.

adapted from Gooseberry Patch
Ingredients:
1 loaf of Italian Bread
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1 large jar of pasta sauce (or your own)
1/2 package of frozen meatballs, defrosted
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Slice Italian bread loaf into 1 inch slices.  Layer the bread in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
In a bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, mayo and spices.  Spread over the bread slices.
Mix together meatballs, sauce and water.  Layer on top of the cream cheese covered bread slices.  Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.




Don't you want to just dig right in?  Such yummy comfort food.  Every bite has a bit of bread with this awsome cream cheese mixture...meatballs and cheese...a meatball sub in every forkful.  Besides, so easy to make!!!  We got football watching weekend upon us.  This would be great!  I love it during the week too because it comes together so quickly and is enough for 2 meals.

I'll let you know what I decide to do...cuz I know you will be dying to know!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment