Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Coffee Floats

Yum
Not long ago...as I made my morning coffee and sleepy eyed looked for the cream...gasp...the cream was gone!  No milk, no cream...just oj and that just wouldn't work.  What was I to do?  I had recently read about an affogato, which is a coffee based beverage made with vanilla ice cream.  Why not, I thought.  At 4:30 in the morning (my normal wake up time...don't ask why) I did the unthinkable.  Yep, put a scoop of ice cream into my cup of coffee!  I will never go back to regular cream again!  It made my sleepy eyes pop open at how yummo my coffee had become.

So that's where the inspiration came for a quick dessert I threw together one evening.



This is such a simple recipe.  All you need is vanilla ice cream, chocolate jimmies (aka sprinkles) and a cup of coffee made the way you like it.  On a side note, did you know that how you call sprinkles or jimmies tells a lot about where you are from?  Interesting...huh?  Anyway, as you can tell, I like my coffee pretty creamy.  I figured you were wondering, where's the coffee?  I enjoy my cup of jo on the creamier side.  So, scoop some vanilla ice cream into a fancy dish and pour your coffee over top.  The hot coffee melts some of the ice cream to give it that really creamy taste.  Add some jimmies and you are good to go.



I even used a flavored creamer in my coffee to really give the Coffee Float a decadent taste.  Add a sprig of mint and you have one fancy dessert.  Much more than just vanilla ice cream.

So, customize your coffee and your ice cream flavor to create this grown up style float.  I am thinking you could even add a splash of Bailey's Irish Cream.  Now that would make it adult style!
Simple yet fancy!

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine

Linking up with The 36th Avenue

No comments:

Post a Comment