Monday, August 12, 2013

Holding On To Summer

Yum
The last days of summer seem to be sliding away too quickly!  School is less than two weeks away, temperatures really never got that hot up yonder and it even seems like trees are starting to change color.  Whoa I say!  Don't get me wrong, fall is my absolute favorite season, but I am not ready for summer to come to an end.  Hello???  Officially, fall is not supposed to start until September 22! So regardless of school starting and temperatures that at times feel more like fall, I am going to still celebrate summer!  I am thinking something pink and cool...something "pinkalicious" and I promise you won't turn pink!


Pinkalicious loves everything pink.  She eats so many pink things that her parents warn her that she may turn pink...and she does.  See, us parents ARE usually right, when will our children learn? Can you tell I work with children?  I always know a book that relates to whatever.  Kind of an unusual talent I possess.  So, I am thinking a pink lemonade stand pie will make me feel like summer is not over!

I have made this pie for years and it always hits the spot!
Here's what it looks like.
Pink Lemonade Stand Pie

What a refreshing treat!  The above link takes you to the Betty Crocker website, always a great website to get those tried and true recipes.  My recipe is pretty similar, but even easier!  You may want to make two.  One for now and one for later?

Lemonade Stand Pie Recipe

Ingredients:
1/3 cup of strawberry lemonade powder mix
1/2 cup of water
1 pint (2 cups) vanilla ice cream, softened
1 tub of cool whip
1 graham cracker crust

Directions:
Stir lemonade drink mix and water until dissolved.
Beat the lemonade mixture and ice cream in a large bowl with a mixer on low speed.
Gently fold in whipped topping until smooth.  Spoon into the graham cracker crust.
Freeze for 4 hours or overnight until firm.
Let stand at room temp for 15 minutes before slicing.
Store any leftovers in freezers...which there won't be 'cuz it gets gobbled up, but just in case!
 



 That's it!  What a cool and refreshing treat!  The lemonade flavor just speaks summer regardless of what is happening around you!

Take time to celebrate the little things that make life sweet!

Until next time,

Christine


No comments:

Post a Comment