Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Coffee Bean...a Vegetable?

Yum
Sometimes when you wake up in the morning, there is nothing like that first cup of coffee.  The best part of waking up, well is just waking up, and "coffee" in your cup, as the commercial goes.  The aroma of the brewing coffee gets your eyelids to open just a little more in preparation of that first sip or gulp, especially if you are ultra tired.  Do you ever have mornings like that when you can't even hold any sort of intelligent conversation until you have finished that first cup?  Sounds like me!

My grandparents were big coffee drinkers.  I can remember the sound of the coffee percolating and the scent filling the kitchen.  They drank theirs BLACK!  My hubby is also a big coffee drinker.  When I mean big, I mean BIG!  He drinks coffee by the pot!  We always joke that if he cut an artery, he would bleed coffee and not blood.  For me, the coffee drinking habit formed much later, like only a few years ago.  I guess now I am an adult?  I don't drink it black or by the pot.  I do need to add lots of additional elements to make it just so whether it is hot or iced or frozen.

Lately though, my one cup of coffee is not enough!  I need an additional bolt of energy in the afternoon.  Mind you, I should probably eat something super healthy to increase my energy level, but since it is summer, I am on vacation!  So this caffeinated cutie put together a few cold, coffee drink recipes to help you and me get a pick up as well as a little summery treat...remember, I am NOT ready to let go of summer just yet!
 
 

This will wake you up!  You can make the above coffee recipe with vanilla or peppermint ice cream.  Not only is there a caffeine pick me up, but it also serves as a treat and lets face it, we ALL deserve a treat once in awhile!  After all, coffee is a bean, so couldn't it be counted as a vegetable?  Probably not, but could be worth a discussion?


If you don't want your coffee buzz to have ice cream in it, here is a mocha frappacino knock of.  

Just mix 1 1/2 cups chilled coffee, 1/2 cup milk, 2T Cocoa powder, 1 t vanilla extract, 1 1/2 cups crushed ice, and 1/2 - 1 t sweetener in a blender.  If the sound of the ice being chopped up in the blender doesn't wake you up, the frappacino sure will.  YUMMY!


My mantra...

Take time to celebrate the little things that make life sweet,

Until next time,

A Caffeinated Cutie named Christine




No comments:

Post a Comment