Gather the following ingredients: 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, 1/4 cup of light brown sugar, 1/4 cup of honey, 2 cups of granola, 1 cup of rice cereal, 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Lightly butter a loaf pan.
- Combine the butter, honey and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until butter is melted, then bring mixture to a boil for a couple of minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the granola and rice cereal until coated.
- Spread mixture into loaf pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Lightly press down chocolate chips.
- Let cool. If it is hot outside, you may need to stick the pan in the refrigerator to help mixture set.
- Lift out of pan and cut into bars.
- Wrap each bar in waxed paper and keep in a re-sealable container.