Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veteran's Day and Red, White and Blue

Yum

Happy Veteran's Day!
I want to thank all those who have served and sacrificed for our country.
This Veteran's Day I want to honor one man in particular, my dad.  I don't think I have ever talked about my dad being a veteran.  He is 82 years young and is one of the smartest guys I know.  He plays golf as often as the weather will cooperate and is diligent about working out when it is too cold to golf.  Wish I could say the same thing.  He can tell you just about anything you ever wanted to know about history.  In fact, he's our own personal history buff!  Sometimes I would send the kiddos to him rather than google.  When he was a young college student, he was drafted into the army.  After being trained, he was sent to Germany.  At that time the United States was in between wars.  All of us love when he talks about his time in Europe,  all the things he did while serving in the army as well as the fun times he had exploring Europe.  He is our hero!  So, today I honor my dad and all those men and women who served for the red, white and blue.  
Here are a couple of fun, last minute, red, white and blue goodies you will enjoy.

Rice Krispy Berry Yogurt Cups
Little Rice Krispy bowls filled with yogurt and some fresh berries of your choice.
Served for breakfast or at snack time.

Quick and Easy Berry Crisp for Two
Berry Crisps are good anytime of year!  This recipe is for two, but you don't have to share if you don't want to.

Mini Cherry Soda Floats
Surprise the kiddos with these Mini Cherry Soda Floats.  Talk about what Veteran's Day and any family members that may have served in the military.

Cherry Pie
There's nothing more American than a homemade Cherry Pie.

Let all the veterans know how much you appreciate their sacrifice.

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet!
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment