Monday, June 29, 2015

Red Velvet and Blueberry Ice Cream Mash Up

Yum

Well hello there!
I'mmmmm back!
I bet you didn't even know I was away.  The hubby and I went down to South Beach, Miami (SOBE) to celebrate our 25th anniversary!  Don't laugh, but this is the first time my husband and I have traveled without the girls...EVER!  That would be almost 20 years!  I know, I know but it just never worked out before and NOW that we have done it, well, it needs to be an annual event!  It's awesome to reconnect with your "favorite boyfriend" in a beautiful, sunny beach environment.  I AM SO HAPPY WE WENT.  Lots to share about what to see, what to do, where to go, where to stay and what to eat.  I'll share that with you soon, so make sure to check back.
Anyway, back to reality, laundry and clouds....yep, cloudy/rainy again in the Midwest and I have a mountain of laundry to do.  (I think I will postpone the laundry-that reality is no fun)  Since the 4th of July is this week let's focus on ALL things red, the white and the blue, starting with a cheater's way to make a fabulous frozen treat!

Mash Up's are a super easy cheater's way to take plain ol' ice creams to ice cream parlor worthy ice creams!  No churning!  Just some mashing up!  Great way to get the kiddos involved!



Grab a scoop and some ice cream cones!  Let's rock n roll with this frozen treat!

Ingredients:
1.5 quart of vanilla ice cream
1 cup blueberries, rinsed and dried
2 cups red velvet brownies, crumbled (use a box mix, follow directions for making red velvet brownies)
Directions:
Soften  1.5 quarts of vanilla ice cream.  Fold in blueberries and crumbled red velvet brownies.  Return ice cream mixture to the freezer for 4-5 hours before serving.


I love the red velvet cake pieces in the ice cream mixed with pops of blueberries.  What a festive frozen treat.  Make it ahead and have it ready for after the fireworks!  See, once the firework displays are over there is no need for the festivities to end!  

Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine


You may also like:
Rice Krispy Treats with Freeze Dried Strawberries and Blueberries

Red, White and Blueberry S'mores

Cannoli Ice Cream Sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment