Sunday, May 3, 2015

Strawberry Churro Waffle Parfaits

Yum
Oh my gosh!
I am so excited!  I have just heard the three best words and it has just made my day.
My heart is all a flutter and I feel like skipping around the yard, but I won't because that would look strange.  But, I am super thrilled at what I just heard!  Oh, you must be wondering what those three words must be?  Guess...

No, it's not "I love you"...although, those are pretty special words to hear.
Not, "what's for dinner"...those words actually aggravate me.
I know you are dying...the three words that make my heart skip a beat...well above average!
Let me tell you why.  After spending what seems like the last six months of hearing the opposite, well above average is music to my ears.  Living in the Midwest and surviving winters that always have well below average temperatures, I absolutely adore hearing that temperatures are going to be well above average!  Don't judge me...this former Florida girl loves when it is warm.  So, the windows are open and I am letting all the stale air out and the beautiful, warm air in!  I LOVE IT!  Time to celebrate Spring, well above average temperatures and Cinco de Mayo.  This Mexican inspired dessert is one that is totally well above average.  Check it out...


Churro Waffles are really easy to make.  Just assemble these parfaits with chocolate sauce, strawberries, bites of churro waffles and whip cream.  One parfait may not be enough.  I am thinking you might need another and another.  The churro waffles are addicting!




Each churro waffle bite has a wonderful crunchy exterior.  It pairs so well with the strawberries and chocolate syrup.


Ingredients for 8 parfaits:
8 cooked waffles (you can use frozen or your own waffle recipe)
1/2 cup melted butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups chopped strawberries
chocolate syrup
Directions:
In a shallow dish, combine sugar and cinnamon.  Next to the sugar/cinnamon dish, have a shallow dish of melted butter. Cut the cooked waffles into strips, then cut each waffle strip in half.  Dip each waffle piece into the melted butter followed by a dip into the cinnamon sugar mixture.  Place on a piece of waxed paper.  Once completed, it is time to assemble the parfaits.  In each parfait layer the following:  chocolate syrup, chopped strawberries, churro waffle pieces, chocolate syrup, strawberries, churro waffle pieces and whip cream on the top.  (Exact measurements aren't necessary for assembly.  Use more or less of each ingredients to customize it to your taste.)


I'm telling you...those churro waffle bites are highly addictive!

Help me celebrate my three favorite words and add Strawberry Churro Waffle Parfaits to your Cinco de Mayo celebration.  Your family will love 'em!  
Big Cinco de Mayo Round Up tomorrow!  Make sure you come back.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
It really does make my day when you do and especially when you leave a comment.  I love chatting with you!
If you don't want to miss any recipes,
make sure you sign up to receive recipes directly to your inbox.
You can find me on social media too so we can stay connected.  I will always get back to you!
Everything is just over there on the right!
Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,
Christine




You may also like these Mexican inspired recipes:
Rockin' Burrito

Taco Boats

Easy Chicken Empanadas

No comments:

Post a Comment