Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Easy Strawberry Jam

Yum
I have always wanted to learn how to "can," but the whole idea of potentially canning some bacteria has scared me away.  I know...if you do it right, that is not a concern at all.  In the meantime, I have been experimenting with other ways to "can."  This recipe for an easy Strawberry Jam is just my speed and hopefully yours too.  It won't keep on your pantry shelf for months on end, but, it will keep in your refrigerator for about 10 days.  No boiling jars!  Super easy and a wonderful addition to your refrigerated shelf.  It's just perfect for that morning toast, croissant, muffin or English muffin.


Guess what the main ingredient is?
Strawberries!!!
(I'm just messing with you.  I knew you would know that...just making sure you were paying attention.)



So, it's strawberries and 3 other simple ingredients!
The jam is spreadable and strawberry sweet!
I think you might make a farmer's wife proud!



Ingredients:
16 ounces of fresh strawberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 tsp lemon juice
Directions:
Rinse strawberries and cut off strawberry top.  Quarter each strawberry.  Place strawberries and sugar in a medium size pot. Over medium low heat, cook strawberries and sugar until strawberries are soft and "mashable."  (approximately 8 minutes)  Remove from heat and add 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin.  Stir until combined.  Stir in 1/4 tsp lemon juice.
Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.  Keep in refrigerator until ready to use.


I'm not a farmer's wife, but this architect's wife is pretty darn pleased with how this turned out!
I may never go back to store bought jelly again!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
It really does make my day when you do and especially when you leave a comment.  I love chatting with you!
If you don't want to miss any recipes,
make sure you sign up to receive recipes directly to your inbox.
You can find me on social media too so we can stay connected.  I will always get back to you!
Everything is just over there on the right!
Celebrate the little things that make life sweet,

No comments:

Post a Comment